Delivery driver pay

Craig855S

I'm working at Dominos store as a driver, and it's not too bad, though you tend to end up working unsociable days/hours (friday, sat are usually the busiest days)

I'm on minimum wage and get a quid per delivery which usually covers fuel but I can end up doing 15 mile round trips which is a bit of a pee take..- Insurance is covered by the shop, though the police have pulled a few of us over claiming we are not covered, only to phone the shop and find out we are all sorted.

I usually do about 20-25 hours a week, but not always doing all the hours I'm put down for either through the trade dying down towards the end of the night or I need to get away a bit sooner.

All I'll say is that this kind of work is alright as long as you know that the car you're driving is probably gonna get knackered out fairly quick, plus you get through clutch, tyres, etc pretty quick, especially if you're having to bomb about within the limits of the law getting deliveries done within a short amount of time- so factor this in when you're on a roll tips wise- I've knackered 1 car, almost knackered another and on to the 3rd car in 2 years...).

I know it's not a chinese but it does give another perspective in case there's a dominos near you :)

Friend of mine does it and he gets £30 a night regardless, usually 17:00 till 23:00,

then I cant remember how much per delivery, plus extra if he goes passed a 8 mile radius,

including tips he can manage £80 a night minimum.

His normal day job pays his mortgage (he's 23) and his chinese job, which he's been doin 3 yrs now, pays for 3 holidays a year to turkey plus spending cash.

i do pizzas full time delivering 4 days a week and i come out with easy 60 a week night and sometimes a 100 quid on a saturday, its good money but it f##ks your car and you get some tw@ts aswell, but depends who you work for though

mark

I wonder how many of these delivery drivers pay tax on the earnings or have their car insured for business purposes?

im on the books, not many people are though and thats the good bit all cash in hand thats why its good pay, they cant actually prove you work there as your never in the shop

mark