Camera question

McRic

My current little Sony Cybershot does my head in.

I use it to take photos mainly of the little lad. The problem I have is you push the button to take a picture and by the time the flash goes and takes the picture the wee man is either bored or off like a shot.

What am I looking for if I want a camera that takes a quick picture if that makes sense?

Needs to be compact aswell as the wife hates bigger cameras. I had a s5600 a while back that I was happy with but she moaned it was too big.

I've owned and used Sony Cybershot cameras for years and couldn't fault them at all.

As Aaron said, you must have the wrong settings or something as mine have always snapped photographs instantly. What setting is the camera on, on the dial?

Just set to auto

I think he's on about where it flashes 4 times before flashing for the actual picture... Mine does that too, its an ant red-eye feature. Check to see if you can turn it off.

yeah does flash a few times but even with the flash off it seems to take a while to react to the button being pressed

After you've done the autofocus and then you press it fully in you will find a delay, its called the "click-to-capture" time delay and its something that gets shorter the more £ you spend. Could you not set it to continous shooting mode and just let rip and then delete the junk ones, one of them is bound to be good.

I got a Fuji 1850 for xmas but its a biggun so its probably not gonna make your shortlist. How about the Lumix G1?

After you've done the autofocus and then you press it fully in you will find a delay, its called the "click-to-capture" time delay and its something that gets shorter the more £ you spend. Could you not set it to continous shooting mode and just let rip and then delete the junk ones, one of them is bound to be good.

I got a Fuji 1850 for xmas but its a biggun so its probably not gonna make your shortlist. How about the Lumix G1?

That prob would be an option but I'm lazy :pancake: