Swoosh gauges?

mk2xr2

I am currently looking around for a cheap rev counter to go into my zetec MK2 Orion, due to it being a L spec with no rev counter. Spotted a make called Swoosh on eBay. Not used them before, so was wondering if any one has some feedback on this make?

Rob.

a reliable Tach for under the £50 that the best swoosh gauge on their sells for?

I seriously doubt they'd ever be anything near reliable readings.

I paid £70 for a new on the market plasma Tach gauge.....and even that I wouldn't trust to give a solid reliable reading.

you want a tach that's more than just for the sake of having it and is actually reliable and usable......fit the standard Tach cluster.....or pay through the nose for a worthwhile aftermarket job.

Cheap junk.

Why not fit the proper OEM rev counter?

Already have a set of spare clocks with the rev counter, but there not the correct ones for my setup. If I could find the right set of Efi clocks for my Orion, I would. But there getting very hard to find know days. Been asking on a few of the car sites I visit with no luck. That is why I have started to look around for a aftermarket tacho.

shawdreamer

you want a tach that's more than just for the sake of having it and is actually reliable and usable......fit the standard Tach cluster.....or pay through the nose for a worthwhile aftermarket job.

I understand what you’re saying about quality gauges. I currently run Elliot, SPA and raceteck setup in my track Prepared XR2.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/mk2xr2/red%20xr2/Picture005-1.jpg

But as this Orion is just a 2nd car for the road, and hardly gets used anyway. I did not want to be spending out a fortune on a gauge which is not going to get much use.

Rob.

Already have a set of spare clocks with the rev counter, but there not the correct ones for my setup. If I could find the right set of Efi clocks for my Orion, I would. But there getting very hard to find know days. Been asking on a few of the car sites I visit with no luck. That is why I have started to look around for a aftermarket tacho.

I've modified various non-efi tachos to work with a distributerless setup in the past, which was why I asked.

I've modified various non-efi tachos to work with a distributerless setup in the past, which was why I asked.

Have you got a guide on how to do it, or is it something you would do for me if I supplied the clocks.

Rob.

If you get stuck finding a set of 90 spec clocks (XR3i should work too afaik) then I could take a look at modifying an earlier tacho. First thing to do is try a tacho in the car and tell me what its doing, eg under-reading, dying at 5k, whatever, then I can figure out what needs changing on it to make it work. I can't imagine 90 spec clocks are that hard to find though!