Petrol prices...

eetaylog

..are getting ridiculous now.

Its a subject as old as the hills and i dont usually get involved, but last year when oil prices were at ~$147 a barrel we were paying 1.17p max for petrol, but oil prices are currently $90/barrel, so where is the justification for the high prices?? It cant be blamed purely on tax, as this has only increased by a few pence since last year.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..are getting ridiculous now.

Its a subject as old as the hills and i dont usually get involved, but last year when oil prices were at ~$147 a barrel we were paying 1.17p max for petrol, but oil prices are currently $90/barrel, so where is the justification for the high prices?? It cant be blamed purely on tax, as this has only increased by a few pence since last year.

Like i tell my girlfriend, just bend over, shut up and take it...... No amounts of moaning is going to stop it!

The lovely labour government changed the law to stop the protests at the refineries!

That doesnt affect non refinery workers (you and me) blockading them though. I dont think thats the answer however, theres too many emergency services that would be affected.

The only way that prices could be reduced is by putting pressure on the government by boycotting buying petrol so that tax revenues are dented. This would never happen in a million years though because en-masse we're useless. Only the french know how to organise pressure groups.

The lovely labour government changed the law to stop the protests at the refineries!

That doesnt affect non refinery workers (you and me) blockading them though. I dont think thats the answer however, theres too many emergency services that would be affected.

The only way that prices could be reduced is by putting pressure on the government by boycotting buying petrol so that tax revenues are dented. This would never happen in a million years though because en-masse we're useless. Only the french know how to organise pressure groups.

I dont think that'd work, people woulld panic buy before the blockades, and the people taking part in the blockades woud get bored after a week and go back to work, buying petrol in the process.

W're being ripped off royally. Wheres the Fcuking money gone?? that's gonna be a new thread for me

How far does £45 worth of LPG get you LPG runners?

Someone in Israel says "You get no oil from me"... Oil companies sh!t the bed and hike up prices at the pump. We lump it as we have no choice.

The oil companies also tell us there is a delay between the price per barrel and the price at the pump. Funnily enough, this delay is less than 24hours when the barrel price increases yet the barrel price decreases the pump price takes months to return down.

The only way these prices are going to go down is if the government reduces tax/duty (not going to happen - Regardless if they are blind to see that the fuel prices effect pretty much everything from the price of your breakfast to the debt on the NHS) or if the whole nation stands up and says "No, we are not going to be bullied into paying these prices anymore" and as a nation refuse to buy fuel until the price is lowered. (again not going to happen...).

its like always,

price goes up then

we compain, get used to it,

still complain but do nothing. price goes up agian, we compain, get used to it and so on and so on

+1 TBH it makes me a more bitter man every time i fill up but we will always still buy it

With LGP, when it strted being sold at petrol stations was 40p a litre, now some places are asking 70. The cost to convert was only a couple of hundred.

Try getting a quote now and unless you done it yourself would cost upwards of a grand. Doesnt matter what the next generation of cars run on they will find someway to screw us.

Can't wait until there is a tax on wind