Petrol prices...

eetaylog

How far does £45 worth of LPG get you LPG runners?

51 litres = £33 was the last fill i done and that would see anywhere between 260/280 miles in this weather and 300+ in august when i first got it

Oh right, so not really worth the investment then. Over a petrol its dirt cheap but compared to diesels its very similar (think ill stick with my torquey diesel that will do near 300 miles on £30 (sometimes more)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not going to respond to this thread, but due to a conversation i had yesterday with a MUPPET, could not resist, to start, as has already been said, petrol and all car related taxable things, this will continue to be the case, supply and demand, as long as we have cars we will be hit, end of, easy target.

Now as for my conversation, speaking to a guy in the pub yesterday (should add in his late 30s), we started talking about this, and he said well it wont effect me I dont drive!!!!!! what!!! I replyed, how do you work that out, were do you shop, replies Morrisons, how do you get to Morrisons, replied Bus, whats that got to do with it, I hd to explain, how his food got to the supermarket, and did he really think buses ran on fresh air, everything will go up, eventually the penny dropped, I really can not believe that people are that Nieve, thick, stupid, no wonder this country is FCUKED :vangry: rant over

Just been looking at the mpg figures for the Prius, 72mpg according to Parkers. This got me thinking about the official published mpg figures and the testing they go through to determine this. Theres a nice article on how it is determined here, but one thing it doesnt mention is how quickly they accelerate to the given speeds, and when they change gear.

Im thinking it would hardly be a fair test for say, VVC/VTEC cars/large turbos/hybrid cars if they are not put under realistic strain. Theoretically we could all change up at 2k rpm, or ride around at 30mph in 5th gear, but nobody actually does. Does this mean that the test needs to be updated to give realistic figures and avoid bias towards powerful cars which have "dual stage" power delivery (ie on or off boost, cam changes etc)?

Or do they indeed run the cars up to the redline - just for test purposes?

knowing you had the potential to Fcuk off car XYZ....without having to....track days ETC

I'm looking at 3-4 litre cars at the mo.....there's shat all i can do about the taxes. so i'll run what car i want to until i physically dont have the money to - then i'll change, i've done LPG and it was great :-)

If you have a gas guzzling car that's your prob, People should get car they can afford to run live to there means instead living above them, buy a car you can AFFORD to run then.

You can moan all you like about petrol prices, but do you really think it's going to make a difference course it's NOT, what ever Joe public says doesn't make any difference.

Why not drive like that?

I do in our 1.5 Dci and see 65mpg + and can be over 72mpg on a run

I drive like that for the most part. 55 MPG average at the minute out of a 2.4 D5, 1000 miles from my 70 litre tank is not impossible.

knowing you had the potential to Fcuk off car XYZ....without having to....track days ETC

I'm looking at 3-4 litre cars at the mo.....there's shat all i can do about the taxes. so i'll run what car i want to until i physically dont have the money to - then i'll change, i've done LPG and it was great :-)

Fair play chap, I found myself driving economically in the old 540, even then i only got 23MPG average, If i'd have booted it everywhere I'd have gotten not more than 15MPG average...and my license taken away since it gets above the speed limit very very quickly.

Just been looking at the mpg figures for the Prius, 72mpg according to Parkers. This got me thinking about the official published mpg figures and the testing they go through to determine this. Theres a nice article on how it is determined here, but one thing it doesnt mention is how quickly they accelerate to the given speeds, and when they change gear.

Im thinking it would hardly be a fair test for say, VVC/VTEC cars/large turbos/hybrid cars if they are not put under realistic strain. Theoretically we could all change up at 2k rpm, or ride around at 30mph in 5th gear, but nobody actually does. Does this mean that the test needs to be updated to give realistic figures and avoid bias towards powerful cars which have "dual stage" power delivery (ie on or off boost, cam changes etc)?

Didn't Top Gear compare a BMW M3 alongside a Prius about a year ago and find that the difference in MPG was minimal, depending on how they were actually driven?

Didn't Top Gear compare a BMW M3 alongside a Prius about a year ago and find that the difference in MPG was minimal, depending on how they were actually driven?

Yes but no, A prius being ragged gave the same MPG as the M3 simply following it (only using part throttle to keep up) However, if the prius was being driven "normally" (not crazy but not like a granny) and the M3 had to just stick to the bumper then the difference would be more profound.