Parkers facts and figures

MPG = 27

Ins Grp = 33

Road Tax band K (£245)

BHP = 222

torque = 280NM

0-60 = 7.4s

Autotrader review of the ST220

I already did some groundwork on specs etc, but i wouldnt exactly call them gospel, hence i was asking for opinions from people who might have actually owned one.

mondeo or 3 series?.....go for a 5 series!!

I much prefer the look of the 3 series (e46)!

I had a shot of a e46 330, think it was a ci, had all the leather interior, Was a really nice nippy car, I have also been in an st 220 and it was also a great! as a passanger

BMW is more of a showy car, ST was a bit more raw

If its comfort, looks, smooth performance then go for BMW

Driving enjoyment, noise ECT go for the ST

I was gonna get an ST220 when my Zetec S broke........the seats are amazing and the noise of the engine is ear sex :innocent:

They are know to have fuel gauges that work a little too well (go down very fast) and the insurance was pretty steep for me.....so i got the ST170 :D

My old MK3 mondeo drove really really well too.

Clarkson in ST220

Father in law has got the modeo st 220 diesel (i think thats the model) anyway its really nice inside and pulls really hard. Loads of tourque being a diesel. For the price you can pick them up for these days they are def worth considering. You wouldnt get a similar age and spec beemer for the same price.

Father in law has got the modeo st 220 diesel (i think thats the model) anyway its really nice inside and pulls really hard. Loads of tourque being a diesel. For the price you can pick them up for these days they are def worth considering. You wouldnt get a similar age and spec beemer for the same price.

The diesel is the ST TDCI.........they are good cars but when they go wrong, the go wrong bit time!

ST220 is a fantastic car. My best mate has one, I've driven it a couple of times and it's brilliant. Comfortable, well equiped (even better if you get a facelift model), the seats are lovely too.

They make a great noise and the chassis is one of the best around for that size of car. Only problems I've really heard of are rear subframe bushes and the usual flywheel/clutch issues that you get with every modern car. I have heard rumours of them spinning big end shells, but I've never actually found one that's had the problem.

They start from about £3k now, and I don't think you'd really get a better all rounder for that money really. Spend a bit more and get a facelift (03-on) and you get auto headlights and that sort of thing as standard.

Just beware of buying a super-late model, as the last of the line ones fall into a much higher tax bracket.