Watching chop shop

Andyb0127

Actually watched this program for first time tonight, turned an xr2i into a boy racer car well sort off, half fiesta, half mondeo, toyota front bumper, 2.0 mondeo engine.

After watching them chop it about made me wonder how structurally safe that Car would be havin chopped roof of and put mondeo one on it, because to me it looked like it was a complete bodge job from start to finish, end product looked shyte.

Anyway has anyone else seen this program what did you think of it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus that was years ago lol

"putting such a high powered engine from another model ford is a hard job for the guys, but they done it by putting the whole assembly from the mondeo into the fiesta shell" PMSL....could drop it in how friggin easy? just goes to show how 'good' they are.... i watched one series year and abit ago whilst waiting for the OCC Choppers new one to come out......first and last time i assure you.

Aye, I watched it too.

Amusing that theyd fit a Mondeo subframe to put a Zetec into a Fiesta!

I did think that, it was the way they just seemed to hack away at the front chassis rails, they said they'd strengthened them but didn't look like they had that much don't think I'd want to drive it..

they could have saved so much more time if they researched more. on engine mounts etc and that fiesta i still think is still available for sale last time i knew it was up for £1000 if not scrap metal price. but it would be a heavy weight to weigh in. probably do justice so that the poor xr2i can rest in pieces.

some of the cars have been absolutely crazy especially the bmw sumo's! just leave lepu or whatever his name is back in india where his crazy ideas are better out there, as their wide range of cars are somewhat quite poor in design. so he just makes one look like a sports car. thats how he is famous, over here, he is no more than a guy hyped up on drugs etc creating something that should not really exist.

in my opinion that boss should take his money elsewhere and open up a proper garage that has nothing to do with designing extreme cars but more to do with fixing them right etc.

Bernie Fineman was the gaffers name Don't get me started :D, One of the judges for young mechanic of the year a couple of years back.

Now this is the guy who feels its perfectly safe to run 6 inch wheel spacers and cut springs.... need i say more...

The cars made or of a very low quality, made from very thin poor flexible metal, They made a car for Martin Kemp, they took it to Santa Pod to reveal it and the cut springs on the front collapsed... embarrasing

Watch from 1:20 and you'll see

Bernie Fineman was the gaffers name Don't get me started :D, One of the judges for young mechanic of the year a couple of years back.

Now this is the guy who feels its perfectly safe to run 6 inch wheel spacers and cut springs.... need i say more...

The cars made or of a very low quality, made from very thin poor flexible metal, They made a car for Martin Kemp, they took it to Santa Pod to reveal it and the cut springs on the front collapsed... embarrasing

Watch from 1:20 and you'll see

Not just me that thinks there cr4p, I've only watched one program needless to say I Wont be watching it again, the way they prepare cars is an absolute abortion, sub standard welding from what I saw, down rite fecking embarrassing,

Watched the clip you pug on here that bodging idiot prob just took it back and welded the cut down spring in place stop it jumping off, people like this pair should never be aloud near a car let alone do what they do to them, looks like an isopon death kit.

I just did a search on google, and it turns out the Martin Kemp car was bought by a VW forum to raise money for charity.........

Apprently it was dangerous and not fit for the road, It got run over by a Monster truck in the end.

I just did a search on google, and it turns out the Martin Kemp car was bought by a VW forum to raise money for charity.........

Apprently it was dangerous and not fit for the road, It got run over by a Monster truck in the end.

would love to see that happen to all of the cars on this show

I think i'll be sticking to Wheeler Dealers.

but tbf that shows a bit of a joke with the way its presented to the audience...... "How you can buy cheap and make mega bucks"

"we bought this VW Mk1 golf for 1800.... we spent 1000 on parts getting it back to original condition........ we sold it for 2100...... thats a profit of 400 smackers"

"just go's to show you can buy cheap and make a profit at sale time"

Yer sure Mike, all we need now is a fully qualified Edd who will work for free and 50k of shop equipment and a unit and we're all in the money :thumb:

<adds Leepu and Bernie to smack list>

Edited by shawdreamer

I have watched several episodes of this wank, and it is unreal how they do things. I'm amazed they got the funding to do the show, and I like how they say at the beginning of the show how Bernie "used to work at a supercar garage and is used to fixing ferraris etc"

He is a bodging cockney annoying person and Lepu has a mental illness

But at least Wheel dealers start out with a nice car and make it better lol.

If you search the Martin Kemp gangsta car in google, it comes up with a VW forum and theres posts on there saying about the build quality and how un safe it is.