Hot Rod Epic Build

Brylt

After reading the chop shop thread i thought i would put this up to show how profesionals build cars from scratch, weather your into hot rods or not you have to appreciate the engineering and build skills of the guy doing the building.

Bryan

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20877

havnt flicked right through (obviously) but Ill say already, that's very nice work and very satifying attention to detail.

Im not a rodder myself and tbh the cars don't attract me, but as you said the engineering can regardless of like be appreciated.

its very Boyd'esc. ;)

That is the meaning of attention to detail. I've flicked through all the pics from the first 15 pages and it's just amazing pics of pieces being made to an incredible standard, but i havent actually seen the car yet lol. What page is the final car on?

Guy looks like a decent fabricator. All he needs is a decent engineer to guide him!

Cant imagine that having huge holes drilled in everything is good for strength but these cars are all about show. Hopefully he'll never drive it quickly

although his frame looks boxed to me :innocent: gotta say i love american hotrod the show but boyd coddington himself seems like a bit of a plonker lol

He's a boss, and not unlike any other boss in that style of physical trade, your employees can be like family but at the end of the day its business and he's in it for the money.... tho even he showed how much he cared about his employees when Charlie jumped ship and went and joined Foose's build team, poor ould sod looked devastated. :(

That is the meaning of attention to detail. I've flicked through all the pics from the first 15 pages and it's just amazing pics of pieces being made to an incredible standard, but i havent actually seen the car yet lol. What page is the final car on?

Guy looks like a decent fabricator. All he needs is a decent engineer to guide him!

Cant imagine that having huge holes drilled in everything is good for strength but these cars are all about show. Hopefully he'll never drive it quickly

The car is still ongoing, i think he fits it in inbetween customer cars, with how it's built the holes won't affect the strenght.

Bryan

although his frame looks boxed to me :innocent: gotta say i love american hotrod the show but boyd coddington himself seems like a bit of a plonker lol

He's a boss, and not unlike any other boss in that style of physical trade, your employees can be like family but at the end of the day its business and he's in it for the money.... tho even he showed how much he cared about his employees when Charlie jumped ship and went and joined Foose's build team, poor ould sod looked devastated. :(

Chip used to work for boyd and iirc left when boyd was going through bankruptcy, a few of the boyd crew went to work for chip but charlie now has his own place, and boyd wont be bothered now as he passed away 2 years ago.

Bryan

Edited by Brylt

Chip used to work for boyd and iirc left when boyd was going through bankruptcy, a few of the boyd crew went to work for chip but charlie now has his own place, and boyd wont be bothered now as he passed away 2 years ago.

Bryan

aye I recall the comemorative Cuda WCC made for Boyds son...... and the comedy of watching daune(sp) trying to control the west coast crew during the build process :pancake:

lovely thread, think hot rods are rubbish myself... love a bit of american hotrod though :D

I believe its a BlueBear sacking offense :pancake:

:roll: yes shaw yes!