Buying from a dealer

Martin

Mrs is starting a new job in two weeks so we've decided to get a second car. I've never bought from a dealer before but I've found an 06 Fiesta in Arnold for £4500 that she likes. The thing is, it's in Kilmarnock. Will they take it to the nearest branch (Inverness)?

Before anyone says anything, we are at the bang top of Scotland and there are very few autos for sale in Scotland never mind up here!

be just as suspicious as you would of a private seller, do a thorough check of the whole car, in fact dealers are generally better at hiding things like unrecorded damage and or missing parts or shoddy repairs !

they might be willing too if its not putting them out or more likely they will try there best to sell you something they have got

imo dealers are robbers! if you got that sorta cash to spend on a car why not go buy it private & save anything upto 2k. either way its gonna be a 2nd hand car so doubt it'll come with a warranty unless u purchase one & just because it's from a dealer dont mean its good condition but its you're money fella so whatever makes you happy :)

They'd take it to ness, but arnold clark in inverness are a bunch of wank stains, my mates mother took her 207 convertible to them to trade in against a civic type r

The told her the car has a 'potential' oil leak! WTF, told her all 4 tyres were totally illegal and teh brakes were dangerous, they then offered her £2000 less for the trade in.

She said no and asked for her keys to the 207 back, the refused to give them untill she persuaded them she needed to car to go away for a coffee so she can ponder over the sale.

She took it to her mate in macrae and dick honda, they looked at it, only issue was the two front tyres were borderline, no oil leak and brakes were fine, M and D ended up doing her a deal on a CTR for a better price so just be very wary with them as its not they only bad story ive head about the Inverness motorstore, i have a mate who works on ford, and another who used to work in ATS, both have heard some bad stuff about them

Edited by scottg17

Thing is all 06 plates are much and such the same price on eBay so chances are the only way I'll save 2k is to wait 3 years!

everyone rely's on ebay 2 much imo .. check gumtree auto trader even fiesta forums. there's bound 2 be 1 somehwere for ya mate. ok maybe a slight exageration at 2k lol but you know what im saying