Road Wars Question.......

RobMk6

Just been watching road wars and they pulled a vehicle with no insurance, no tax and the driver had no licence, they seized the vehicle and one of the officers drove it to the lockup...... with no tax? what makes them not need tax, surely it should have been recovered on a truck?

Police vehicles are exempt from tax so maybe when an officer is driving a seized vehicle its classed as a police vehicle until it reaches its destination.

I remember watching one program and a car set off the anpr. The police gave chase and then noticed it was being driven by an officer in uniform so they just laughed and turned the other way.

Police vehicles are exempt from tax so maybe when an officer is driving a seized vehicle its classed as a police vehicle until it reaches its destination.

I remember watching one program and a car set off the anpr. The police gave chase and then noticed it was being driven by an officer in uniform so they just laughed and turned the other way.

That was also roadwars :P

was thinking it would make sense that their cars are exempt as its tax payers money that fund the police really.

Is this genuine?? Cos the vehicles at my work all have to be taxed [apart from vehicles than dont go on the public highway, or Land rovers are pre 1971 or whatever (RAF)]

Thats another point, why are ancient pieces of rubbish tax exempt? They pollute more than modern cars, wear the road out just like modern cars, and in some cases, do just as much mileage as modern cars (Someone drives round my area in a dirty old anglia, all the time, im amazed its not rusted away the way he cares for it...never ever washed)

That was also roadwars :P

sure it wasn't Police Interceptors? ;)

was thinking it would make sense that their cars are exempt as its tax payers money that fund the police really.

Is this genuine?? Cos the vehicles at my work all have to be taxed [apart from vehicles than dont go on the public highway, or Land rovers are pre 1971 or whatever (RAF)]

Thats another point, why are ancient pieces of rubbish tax exempt? They pollute more than modern cars, wear the road out just like modern cars, and in some cases, do just as much mileage as modern cars (Someone drives round my area in a dirty old anglia, all the time, im amazed its not rusted away the way he cares for it...never ever washed)

You just boiled my blood! By Ancient pieces of crap you mean "classics and vintage" cars, heritage of our nation's past etc.... Most cars that are pre 71 and tax exempt are only used for driving to shows or the odd run and are very much second vehicles. They paid their tax when they were daily drives, now they're cherished classics that do very little mileage and aren't on the road a peak times Give them a rest. There are very very few pre 71 cars used daily. Its a personaly bug bare of mind that the date is fixed at 1971. It used to be a rolling 25 year thing. I have a 26 year old capri which does 2000miles tops in a year. I pay £200ish for car tax. There are people in the same situation as me that do even less miles and pay the same. Yet Joe bloggs the taxi driver or Sales man that racks up 30000 in a year pays less on car tax as he has a low emission car, still puts out more emissions in a year than my capri though!

they will have a policy that will cover them to drive anythng regardless of mot and tax. Like you can drive a car with no mot to a test station.

West midlands Police don't actually have an insurance policy as such :innocent:

A lot don't. who the hell will insure a load of cars that are allowed to speed and drive fast....

You just boiled my blood! By Ancient pieces of crap you mean "classics and vintage" cars, heritage of our nation's past etc.... Most cars that are pre 71 and tax exempt are only used for driving to shows or the odd run and are very much second vehicles. They paid their tax when they were daily drives, now they're cherished classics that do very little mileage and aren't on the road a peak times Give them a rest. There are very very few pre 71 cars used daily. Its a personaly bug bare of mind that the date is fixed at 1971. It used to be a rolling 25 year thing. I have a 26 year old capri which does 2000miles tops in a year. I pay £200ish for car tax. There are people in the same situation as me that do even less miles and pay the same. Yet Joe bloggs the taxi driver or Sales man that racks up 30000 in a year pays less on car tax as he has a low emission car, still puts out more emissions in a year than my capri though!

Yes, that stopped as soon as Labour came in to power in 1997.

The car tax system as a whole needs sorting out, pay as you drive would help the rarely driven classics. And Fcuk over people who need to do mileage to earn a wage. I hate how "economical vehicles" (Read V8 Lexus off roaders with a leccy motor to help a little bit) are tax free, My car pollutes less than a Lexus RX400H thing and weighs less (therefore wears the road out less) yet I pay 180 a year and he pays nowt. Nice!!