Graphics card recommendations please

Trig

I could do with a bit of advice please.

My ATI graphics card is biting the dust (stops responding every so often) so I need to buy a new one, I want to get a Nvidia card, mainly because I had one before and it was bullet proof, I've had a few problems with this ATI one. I'm not up on graphics cards much and the new GT series has me a touch confused as to what I should be looking for.

Ive budgeted £65 delivered for one, so any links to what I should look for?

My system by the way, 4gb ram, 2.7ghz Pentium dual core on windows 7. I'm not into gaming on it, just movies and music with office type work.

the problems could possible be caused by a driver update! Have you done this recently? Also the card may be overheating, do you clean out the case very often?

Then as for the budget as always "if you spend another £10 you could get so much better" and so on and so on. What games do you play? (I know you say you don't play games, not at all?), what resolution do you use?

It may also be down to something else, i.e. dodgy power supply, RAM not seated properly. A bit more information with regards to the fault would help, of course you have definitely identified the card as the problem.

the problems could possible be caused by a driver update! Have you done this recently? Also the card may be overheating, do you clean out the case very often?

Then as for the budget as always "if you spend another £10 you could get so much better" and so on and so on. What games do you play? (I know you say you don't play games, not at all?), what resolution do you use?

It may also be down to something else, i.e. dodgy power supply, RAM not seated properly. A bit more information with regards to the fault would help, of course you have definitely identified the card as the problem.

I don't play any games on the pc, I have my Xbox for that. I'm pretty certain that it's something to do with the graphics card, the system was fine running vista, I installed 7 and within 2 hours it had stopped responding and restarted. I downloaded the 7dribvers for it, but it hasn't made any difference, if anything it's getting progressively worse.

You haven't stated what kind of slots you've got for a video card in your machine.

I have no problems with ATI/AMD cards under Windows 7.

Sorry, PCI e.

This card is a couple of years old and has been a bit temperamental before, I know that really it's nothing to do with it being ATI, but after never having problems with nvidia become surely it's an understandable choice.