IE9 Release Candidate

stoo2000

one - our company runs windows 98 - retail tills...

two - an area manager is on here... LOL

That means I can correct you it's actually 98se :thumb:

Windows 98 came first then 98se (second edition).

I never thought anything could still run on 98 ffs :pancake:

I loved 98, you clicked something it worked, nothing snazzy, no bells and feckin constantly screwed up whistles :rolleyes:

I tried ME, it was awkward with previous 98 used programs (even tho iirc it was essentially the same os) so I binned it

Bought XP....... Couldn't fault it for the most part, even behaved itself with programs from way way back in 95 :pancake:

Bought Vista........hated its glitchy personality so binned it

My newest Lappy Runs Windows 7 Pro......... in a nutshell, to me its the usability and stability of XP with the pretty little gimmicks of Vista..... Basically Id be happy just sticking with XP again if this OS go's titsup at some point. :))

Just goes to show that you're a sheep then :innocent:

IE 9 Final will be out on Monday at about 3pm GMT

sheep buy things regardless of their need or qaulity, often doing so just because the thing is "new"

I bought out of necessity or acquired by chance. As I said in regards to Windows7 earlier, its Xp with bells on and Ill have no issue wiping it out and replacing it with Xp if and when it becomes glitchy. In other words I buy things for my own requirements or desires......not simply because "my mates got it"....therefore not really "sheep"like behaviour.

Unlike the Ipad/Iphone/Ipod fleece wearers that get excited at the next piece of gizmo shite that apple brings out....btw Pete, what phone do you have? :innocent:

BUT!

back on topic.............where's my feckin favorites bar gone?

I decide to give this IE9 a go and see if it offers up any improvement and all it seems to have done is removed the thing I found to be one of the useful things with IE8, namely my favorites bar.

Stoo, PeeWee...... has it just been disabled somewhere or do I need to find it somewhere online again?

ah its ok, found it..... I hope there's benefits to this new release, right now it just looks like theyve moved shite around and thats all.

That's not a definition of a 'sheep', they follow what other people say, don't use their own brains. i.e vista is crap. It isn't, it just stemmed from the lack of 3rd party drivers with launch. That's what made things unstable.

IE9 is hardware accelerated, much faster, much better with standards and supports things like HTML5 & CSS3.

That's not a definition of a 'sheep', they follow what other people say, don't use their own brains. i.e vista is crap. It isn't, it just stemmed from the lack of 3rd party drivers with launch. That's what made things unstable.

IE9 is hardware accelerated, much faster, much better with standards and supports things like HTML5 & CSS3.

I didnt say Vista was crap, just glitchy....... maybe even a little ill thought through, which tbh was a shame as its general conceptual approach was actually quite attractive.

anyway, after using it all this morning Im seeing the improvements you mentioned there, definetly a speed improvement over IE8 and it seems to behave quite well with windows7, is anyone trying it with Xp pro? (just so I know its solid with that OS too)

I didnt say Vista was crap, just glitchy....... maybe even a little ill thought through, which tbh was a shame as its general conceptual approach was actually quite attractive.

anyway, after using it all this morning Im seeing the improvements you mentioned there, definetly a speed improvement over IE8 and it seems to behave quite well with windows7, is anyone trying it with Xp pro? (just so I know its solid with that OS too)

IE9 Doesn't support XP, it's Vista+ only.

The hardware acceleration APIs (among other things) are not in Windows XP - Get with it, get rid of it ffs!

IE9 Doesn't support XP, it's Vista+ only.

The hardware acceleration APIs (among other things) are not in Windows XP - Get with it, get rid of it ffs!

grrr dammit, Ive got 4 seperate systems running in my house ffs, 3x are running on two seperate Xp pro (legits copies may I add) and this laptop running windows7.

Vista was way to glitchy for me and Im not 100% sure of 7 just yet so dont really fancy buying two new copies of that just yet.

How about the later versions of Vista? are they anymore sorted than the original releases, even now Im hearing the same old problems with it.

addittional question:

has IE9 got issues with certian players?

for some reason quicktime has become stuttery during playing of online content.

and Flash player is having absolutly no joy even displaying a a video window at all??

there both fully updated btw.

How about the later versions of Vista? are they anymore sorted than the original releases, even now Im hearing the same old problems with it.

Vista fully updated is absolutely fine, Windows 7 is a dream.

granted its pretty flashy, stable and responsive (even trancing my well maintained Xp install) but I dont think I can justify 2x copies to install on all 4x systems in my house..... just strikes me as a tad pricey for the household needs right now. :pancake:

Vista fully updated is absolutely fine, Windows 7 is a dream.

granted its pretty flashy, stable and responsive (even trancing my well maintained Xp install) but I dont think I can justify 2x copies to install on all 4x systems in my house..... just strikes me as a tad pricey for the household needs right now. :pancake:

I wasn't really refering to price, just an overall usability and performance view.

I cetainly wouldn't revert back to XP now.

I never thought anything could still run on 98 ffs :pancake:

I loved 98, you clicked something it worked, nothing snazzy, no bells and feckin constantly screwed up whistles :rolleyes:

I tried ME, it was awkward with previous 98 used programs (even tho iirc it was essentially the same os) so I binned it

Bought XP....... Couldn't fault it for the most part, even behaved itself with programs from way way back in 95 :pancake:

Bought Vista........hated its glitchy personality so binned it

My newest Lappy Runs Windows 7 Pro......... in a nutshell, to me its the usability and stability of XP with the pretty little gimmicks of Vista..... Basically Id be happy just sticking with XP again if this OS go's titsup at some point. :))

You missed 2000 Pro.... Prior to XP it was the best MS OS in my opinion.

Built on the reliability NT had and formed the foundations for XP Pro if MS blogs in the past are to be believed.

It still has loyal fans... I only use it for VMs now though.