Ylod

DRAVEN

Just abit of info for guys to keep a eye on... 90% of ylod is caused by over heating... the reason for this... sony set the stock speed of the fan to 20%

to cut down on noise.. same reason for xbox doing it..

So the rapid heating and cooling is what cause's the solder joins to go or when the temp sensor starts to fail the fan dont kick up to cool the system

Their is a mod you can do to set fan speed to 50% or 100% speed 100% will be too loud for some lol

diagram for 50% speed mod..

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=727112

yes your setting the fan to run at 50% speed all the time its been tested and theirs a post were a guy says all the ylods he has fixed and done this to have not come back to be repaired again but the one that have not had the fan mod do come back to be fixed again ;)

The reason for ppl opting for 50% speed is its not too loud lol

search youtube for vids of the ps3 at 100% fan speed.. ;)

As above, you will be setting your fan to run at a constant speed with this mod meaning that your ps3 wont be able to ramp up the speed should it need to. If you want to do a proper job of modding your fan speed, use a temperature sensor (such as a PT100) as a replacement for R1 in the schematic. This will then automatically change the resistance (and therefore the duty cycle of the 555) with changing temperature. Make sure you include an offset resistor in series with the PTxxx temperature sensor though so that the fan speed cant fall below a given speed.

By the way, i dont think the 555 circuit in the link is correct. Theyre normally wired up like this...

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/26326.jpg

I got a ylod ps3 off a mate fixed it and the blu ray is fucked..

laser motor ribbon and disc sensor plug were fooked..

so got a new blu ray and i soldered the disc sensor wires on to the blu ray mobo

but when i started the ps3 the drive didnt show up on the ps menu..

but i reset the settings on the ps3 and it all works..