Program to make a bootable disk

sidrick

Attention nerds,

I want to put W7 on my Netbook which is currently running XP Pro. It doesn't have a DVD drive and I don't have an external one.

I have a W7 .ISO that I have loaded onto an SD card and also a USB stick without success. It seems Unetbootin which I've been using doesn't like something about the drives :-\ I've also tried the genuine Microsoft ISO loader, but it doesn't like my ISO file since it wasn't downloaded from Microsoft.

Has anyone used a program they can recommend to load an ISO on to a USB drive as a bootable disk?

I believe UltraISO will allow you to mount virtual drives, though i dont know if this will apply to you. Daemon Tools Lite also has a nice Virtual drive mounting option as well.

Both freeware but id give daemon a try first as i think UltraISO is only available on trial for up to 300Mb, which is obviously not enough to mount a whole boot iso.

Cheers Stu, I'll give that a read.

Aye, eetaylog, I use PowerISO which does the same kind of thing as you're describing, but it doesn't really help with what I want to do.

*Stoo.

Not got an external IDE/SATA->USB adaptor and power supply at work for rescuing PCs?

If so... use one with an internal DVD-ROM... Makeshift external DVD :thumb:

Saves a lot of faffing with software

That is a lot of faffing about IMO, compared to just booting from USB (if it worked!).

That is a lot of faffing about IMO, compared to just booting from USB (if it worked!).

Exactly, "IF"... You could be trying for hours just to boot from USB :pancake:

Wouldn't take you a few minutes to make a external DVD :thumb:

Much easier using the usb option & no need to waste time on a dvd.

Sorry I didnt see this earlier as I was in work & often install OS to netbooks using USB.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-b...click-must-try/

That would of done it too.