lack of power on my mk5a cvh efi

corrie73

after getting my car out over the winter and driving it it seems im really having to rev my car to get it upto 70mph it is very sluggish and in 3rd im having to drop to 2nd cos it is hicking and lurching when sitting at 70 its ok but there isnt much pull in 5th, on tick over it sometimes misses a beat. and also if left to tick over for say like 20 mins it stalls but fires up first time it ticks over at arround 950 to 1000rpm. the only things ive done to it is put new lifters and fit an induction kit. the feeling i can describe the best is it feels like the hand brake is hanging on, but the brakes arent hanging on. i also got the mixture and idle set up before i parked it for the winter and ran great. im going to try new leads incase its a lead breaking down to see if it cures the little misfire now and again. any ideas would be great.

after getting my car out over the winter and driving it it seems im really having to rev my car to get it upto 70mph it is very sluggish and in 3rd im having to drop to 2nd cos it is hicking and lurching when sitting at 70 its ok but there isnt much pull in 5th, on tick over it sometimes misses a beat. and also if left to tick over for say like 20 mins it stalls but fires up first time it ticks over at arround 950 to 1000rpm. the only things ive done to it is put new lifters and fit an induction kit. the feeling i can describe the best is it feels like the hand brake is hanging on, but the brakes arent hanging on. i also got the mixture and idle set up before i parked it for the winter and ran great. im going to try new leads incase its a lead breaking down to see if it cures the little misfire now and again. any ideas would be great.

Fit the standard air box.

sounds like an air leak to me and the mixture is to weak... when u put the lifters in was they new ones or second hand? also i assume u would of taken the throttle body off ( have u reconected all of the vacum hoses) wouldnt worry about putting the standard air box back on would only be slightly concerned if it was a mfi set up....as the metering unit could be struggling to cope.

as for your comment about the " mixture being set up" if its efi then it would be ecu controlled and there for adapts its self so there is no manual adjustment for this. :unsure: