1.8 to 2.0 ECU

Slik Johnson

Ok I know this subject has been covered so many times but Im uncertain with something. I know what you need to convert my 1.8 GTI into a 2.0ltr (mondeo Mk1) but what happens with the ECU? People say to use the ECU from the Mondeo but wont the conflict with my immobiliser?

Yes you can get after market stuff

Pre PATS is before Ford got technical and added a (P) something (A) anti (T) theft (S) system you need to get an ecu which was before they brought that out so you don't have an immobilser to get around

And the ECU with codes DEEP, DESK, DEWY or DALE don't have the PATS system (just realised i've put system system if I include the 's' off PATS)

Pre PATS is before Ford got technical and added a (P) something (A) anti (T) theft (S) system you need to get an ecu which was before they brought that out so you don't have an immobilser to get around

And the ECU with codes DEEP, DESK, DEWY or DALE don't have the PATS system (just realised i've put system system if I include the 's' off PATS)

p=passive if you want to go down this route i may be able to help with a desk or dewy ecu :thumb:

Ok well Im just gonna pretend to know what your on about lol. As Im a real think T*at, where can I get hold of one of these ECUs? Will I then have to get the ECU mapped to run properly?

Etrebus just said he can help you with an ECU. Depends what your intending to run it with, if it's a standard 2L, then no.

Ok well Im just gonna pretend to know what your on about lol. As Im a real think T*at, where can I get hold of one of these ECUs? Will I then have to get the ECU mapped to run properly?

the rewiring of the loom and fitment of the mondeo ECU is a pieve of pee, there is a how to in the elctrical section i think, if you arent comfortable with it just print the how to out and take it to an automotive electrician and ask him to follow the guide and voila! you'll have the right ECU in the car, and it will run the engine perfectly, so long as you use all 2.0 components (MAF,TB etc)

p=passive if you want to go down this route i may be able to help with a desk or dewy ecu :thumb:

You say you can help I may be In need of assistance as I will be doing this soon and have no confidence in my wiring abilities and is there any differences in what the ecu's offer I.e. what does a deep do that a desk doesn't

You say you can help I may be In need of assistance as I will be doing this soon and have no confidence in my wiring abilities and is there any differences in what the ecu's offer I.e. what does a deep do that a desk doesn't

That was my next question

Etrebus - how can you help mate