RS2000-16v.com

Matt_Si

Oh, were you offering bits for free as there is a beg and borrow section.

If not then you are using the site for financial gain so £10 ain't a lot.

Less than £1 a month keeps the c**ks out (trolls etc) , serious members in, it maintains the site and keeps it running.

I've been a member on there for 7 years and I've never had an issue with the site.

your referring to this post on rs200016v -

Couple of things...

1 - why does the forum only tell you you cannot send a pm until you have 5 posts AFTER you have spent the f ing time writing one out!

2 - how can I get my post count up if when I go to make a post the forum says it has to be approved by a moderator, then completely disappears (all after I've typed it out of course)? Someone wants some parts, I have the parts but I can't tell them!

Seriously, wtf ??

this was your first post on rs200016v

From what i saw you first post in the general section was....

1 - why does the forum only tell you you cannot send a pm until you have 5 posts AFTER you have spent the f ing time writing one out!

2 - how can I get my post count up if when I go to make a post the forum says it has to be approved by a moderator, then completely disappears (all after I've typed it out of course)? Someone wants some parts, I have the parts but I can't tell them!

Seriously, wtf ??

You were a new member with no posts the site had some trouble with spammers a year ago, also the site was hacked and most of our history lost. So things are tight now.

Id put money on the fact if i tried to post in that section i wouldnt be able to!

So im gonna pay £10 to offer a guy who needs them some seatbelt anchors for a fiver and a couple of quid postage? Dont think ill bother mate to be fair.

What about the next time you see something in the wanted ad?

Its a dam site cheaper than ebay mate. You pay the £10 for the year where as with ebay your paying 15% every time you sell an item.

Imagine if no one paid to keep the site running. what would happen?

Exactly no site.

For sale and replying to a wanted ad are the same thing. Its all for financial gain. why should the site let you make money out of its members for free?

Bit of common sense bud.

your referring to this post on rs200016v -

Couple of things...

Seriously, wtf ??

this was your first post on rs200016v

It wasn't it was about the 6th but it was the first one that was actually published! And you can see above what I mean about not trying to sell in my first post.

Id put money on the fact if i tried to post in that section i wouldnt be able to!

So im gonna pay £10 to offer a guy who needs them some seatbelt anchors for a fiver and a couple of quid postage? Dont think ill bother mate to be fair.

What about the next time you see something in the wanted ad?

Its a dam site cheaper than ebay mate. You pay the £10 for the year where as with ebay your paying 15% every time you sell an item.

Imagine if no one paid to keep the site running. what would happen?

Exactly no site.

For sale and replying to a wanted ad are the same thing. Its all for financial gain. why should the site let you make money out of its members for free?

Bit of common sense bud.

I'm not a trader though mate, I happen to be breaking a car at the moment (first car I've ever broken) and have some parts someone wants!

I think you've lost your way. They're providing a service to you, free of charge. They run THEIR site how THEY want to. You either choose to use it or not.

You can use it, how they dictate. It's their site, not yours.

I don't think this is the best place to critique other car clubs... If you do have a problem you should discuss it with them via email.

Everything that stoo said above!

You now also have a thread dedicated to your issue on the RS2000 forum, your wanted attention to this issue has been raised. You have your answers.

Just like it or lump it.

Its a great forum with a good bunch of lads, I've popped in now and again and the guys have usually been brilliant, as said before forums are not free to set up yet you are getting to use the boards for free

The owners will be paying for:

domain registration

the purchase of something like vbulletin

the price of web hosting or the upkeep of your own web server which can incur further costs like a premium service from your ISP like SDSL costing about £200 a month, ipstream max premium (832k uploads dsl) or even maybe a leased line just down to the amounts of data needing constantly uploaded, I know evo is hosted by the admins anyway but some other forum owners done have access to this so the costs mount up in the end and not only that people are taking time out of their days and nights to help with the day to day running and moderation of these sites

And all this passed onto the end user for free or in other instances the price of a couple packets of fags a year with just a small handful of rules put in place to make everyone's life easier and stop the forums being abused *facepalm* :(

Edited by scottg17

Ive never had any probs with the forum, in fact as an unpaid member i still favor it over anything else, the people are a great bunch and always willing to help, and if admin etc say these are the rules then so be it, if you wanna do something abide by the rules simples.

You've got your answer, although it's not an ideal way to go about getting it.

If you have any issues in future, take it up directly with who you're having a problem with, people are too quick to jump the gun and complain. I'm sure if you had sent them an email, you'd have recieved a reply with the reasons for their actions.