is this legislation true??

My personal opinion is that people are not taught to drive, they are taught to pass a test that doesn't even come close to making sure those that pass have the necessary ability to safely navigate their way around.

I completely agree with you Trig, you hit the nail on the head.

As for bhp/tonne, a bhp limit or an engine size limit for the age you are or how long you have been driving, I understand what you guys are saying and I agree up to a point, but, my first car was a Renault Clio 1.2, I managed to hit 130, all be it going down a large hill but she would hit 115 on a long enough straight, looking back it was a stupid thing to do considering how long I had been driving, my driving ability and the age and condition of the car. My point is, weather it's a 1.2 or a 3l V6 and everything inbetween, you can still drive at high speeds.

Getting back to Trig's point, people are taught how to pass a test, in real life situations it all falls apart, knowing what to do when the back end steps out, when you enter a corner too fast, when you come head to head with another vehicle, when the inevitable happens and it gets frosty, icy and snowy.

Just my opinion folks.

CheeRs,

Fraz

taking a few lessons and passing your test should never entitle anyone the right to get in something even a middle of the road powered like a gti which will inevitably end up in a ditch while the driver makes excuses for his inability to control said vehicle.

thats the 'show us your shunt' section going quiet then! :rolleyes:

My personal opinion is that people are not taught to drive, they are taught to pass a test that doesn't even come close to making sure those that pass have the necessary ability to safely navigate their way around.

agreed :thumb:

• 1 year later...

I completely agree with you Trig, you hit the nail on the head.

As for bhp/tonne, a bhp limit or an engine size limit for the age you are or how long you have been driving, I understand what you guys are saying and I agree up to a point, but, my first car was a Renault Clio 1.2, I managed to hit 130, all be it going down a large hill but she would hit 115 on a long enough straight, looking back it was a stupid thing to do considering how long I had been driving, my driving ability and the age and condition of the car. My point is, weather it's a 1.2 or a 3l V6 and everything inbetween, you can still drive at high speeds.

Getting back to Trig's point, people are taught how to pass a test, in real life situations it all falls apart, knowing what to do when the back end steps out, when you enter a corner too fast, when you come head to head with another vehicle, when the inevitable happens and it gets frosty, icy and snowy.

Just my opinion folks.

CheeRs,

Fraz

LOL!