over revving when accelerating

lionalcook

The air temp sensor does very little. It's nothing to do with your issue.

if it does very little and i took it out, then it would register either very cold or very hot (not norm) then it would adjust the auto choke accordingly which would make it lean or rich. i cant see how it does very little????

it must do somthing as the car seems to go better when the temp gauge is in the 'norm' position and operated perfectly for 1 week after it was exchanged.

Also the clutch has a guarantee and to meet the guarantee i've had to take it to the fitters at certain milage intervals to be tested and its ok?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it does very little and i took it out, then it would register either very cold or very hot (not norm) then it would adjust the auto choke accordingly which would make it lean or rich. i cant see how it does very little????

it must do somthing as the car seems to go better when the temp gauge is in the 'norm' position and operated perfectly for 1 week after it was exchanged.

Also the clutch has a guarantee and to meet the guarantee i've had to take it to the fitters at certain milage intervals to be tested and its ok?

If your so convinced, change the sensor.

If your so convinced, change the sensor.

so if i took it out completely it would'nt matter much and would'nt affect the running of the engine because 'it does very little' ?

Edited by lionalcook

Some facts as you appear to have fallen off the wagon somewhere..

1) The air temp sensor has nothing to do with an 'auto choke'

2) The gauge on the dash has nothing to do with the air temp sensor

Would you like clarification on anything else?

Some facts as you appear to have fallen off the wagon somewhere..

1) The air temp sensor has nothing to do with an 'auto choke'

2) The gauge on the dash has nothing to do with the air temp sensor

Would you like clarification on anything else?

i was told that in my cvh engine the air temp sensor controls how much fuel to feed the engine via the auto choke.

ie:when its working normally....if the air is cold (in the morning) it will feed more fuel to the engine via the auto choke and when it warms up to 'norm' temperature it reduces the amount of fuel via the auto choke, i was told this by a person at my local motoring shop.

this seems a logical explanation - you havent explained how it 'doesnt' work like this.

so i got an air temp sensor from a breakers and it work perfectly when cold (like when i bought the car 5 years ago) for just over a week but now its gone again.

If its not the temp sensor or other sensor (maybe water sensor,throttle sensor or a idle control valve etc ) I would like to know how this sensor magically fixed a broken clutch that some people have said it is (without even driving the car) for a week and how would 'Mr.clutch' auto centre's (where i bought my new clutch) have signed my milage interval checks for the new clutch as 'ok' when you presume it is not ???

or are you saying my local motor factors (been there for over 30 years) and mr.clutch auto centres are both in on having me over?

Edited by lionalcook

Where did that come from? Change the sensor, i guarentee it won't fix it.

how come it fixed it before then?

Probably because you're not telling us the right information.

If the engine revs but the car doesn't move, it's a mechanical issue. Probably the clutch.

If you're saying a sensor sorted it, then you're not giving us the right symptoms.

If its not the temp sensor or other sensor (maybe water sensor,throttle sensor or a idle control valve etc ) I would like to know how this sensor magically fixed a broken clutch that some people have said it is (without even driving the car) for a week and how would 'Mr.clutch' auto centre's (where i bought my new clutch) have signed my milage interval checks for the new clutch as 'ok' when you presume it is not ???

or are you saying my local motor factors (been there for over 30 years) and mr.clutch auto centres are both in on having me over?

Look, you cheeky monkey. You've put a thread on an internet forum asking for advice. You get that advice, which the vast majority agree on, and because it's not a £15 sensor fix, you start giving folk rubbish because they haven't driven the car.

GTF!

Edited by PeeWee

Look, you utter annoying person. You've put a thread on an internet forum asking for advice. You get that advice, which the vast majority agree on, and because it's not a £15 sensor fix, you start giving folk rubbish because they haven't driven the car.

GTF!

I havent given anyone sh*t - get your facts straight before upsetting your self.

it appears you have an over inflated ego - maybe because you dont know the answer as its too hard for you, you have to rant on and spout rubbish - it wouldnt bother me if you didnt know....i just cant see why your getting so angry because you dont know the symptom/answer.....

and for your information - yes i have asked for advice, and i can ask for further advice until i get the correct solution - if your too stupid o understan...i'll explain = thats how forums work! LOL

You came here for advice. You've received advice. You don't like the advice. Go cry elsewhere.

I came here for advice, i received some advice, im still searching for advice. just because your limited it doesnt make your accusations true - im not crying? why would you think that????????? very strange!

Edited by PeeWee

Still searching? What you mean is you're looking for someone who shares the same pre-established opinion you've got.

In that case, let me help you out. Yes it's the air temp sensor. I suggest you replace it ASAP!!