over revving when accelerating

lionalcook

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok lets all calm it a little. You asked a question and got your answer from those trying to help you based on the information given. Before jumping the gun ask a Mechanic to ensure your clutch is not the problem but don't simply assume so after the company that fitted it gives it the ok for the guarentee stamp (remember if they dont give it the all clear they will be fitting a new clutch for free so get an independant check).

Also remember that people don't have to give you advice it's offered out of good will (THATS what forums are about and depend on).

Where did that come from? Change the sensor, i guarentee it won't fix it.

how come it fixed it before then?

Probably because you're not telling us the right information.

If the engine revs but the car doesn't move, it's a mechanical issue. Probably the clutch.

If you're saying a sensor sorted it, then you're not giving us the right symptoms.

thanks for not being a drama queen like the other two sidrick.

ok im not being funny before anyone else over-reacts and upsets their selves for some strange reason (which doesnt help anyone especially thereselves ;)) but i'll try to explain in more detail...

the car pulls away fairly normal (in 1st gear) when i just accelerate normally.

if i put my foot down to pull away (in 1st) or when changing gear (from 2nd to 3rd or 4th etc) it over revs and stays at the same speed as if i was accelerating normally.

this does not happen when the temp gauge goes out of the white and into the 'norm' (as its worded on my temp gauge).so when the cars engine is warm the problem is not there.

this problem dissapeared completely when i exchanged the air temp sensor as advised by 2 people at my lovcal motor factors....i could put my foot right down and the car raced up the road as a normal car does , and this was from cold before it went into the 'norm' on the temp gauge.

so im thinking am i unlucky to get a 2nd hand sensor that only lasted a week or is it another sensor like the water sensor/throttle sensor/contol idle valve etc?

or if it is a faulty clutch (that has been signed as ok on the milage intervals for my guarantee from mr.clutch a national auto centre) then how does replacing a sensor make in un-faulty for just over a week?

Might be the clutch thickness and temperature sensor if you go on the euro car parts website there about £39.99 new

thanks - i'll hav a look.