Insurancer Premiums increase

eetaylog

No, because in actively seeking (and blatantly encouraging people) to seek compensation for accidents that could easily have been avoided if said person had used common sense, the lawyers themselves become just as guilty of immorality imo. I am obviously not only referring to car accidents now though.

Where is there any evidence to support your view that lawyers do that? If you read my posts you will see I have tried to give a balanced view which seeks to explain why the assumptions you make are in reality not actually the case.

Claims companies who make referals for a fee as I have said may advertise and promote claiming but as I thought I had explained they are distinct entities to lawyers who take cases based on merit for the reasons I explained.

You may well have meant your picture to be tongue in cheek and had it have been aimed at the claims companies who seek out potential claimants to try to get referral fees from lawyers then you might have had a point. It still IMO remains childish and misguided.

The most sensible way of solving the problems you refer to would be to look at removing referral fees which I believe was/ is being looked at. This would solve most of the problems without effecting the right of justified litigants pursuing claims for damages.

al

To go back to the OP I do not think that there is any real basis to say that premiums are actually effected in the way suggested by PI claims. Everyone knows that premiums have gone up this year where are the stats to suggest that this is to do with PI Claims. Also why would it affect TP premiums 23% more than fully comp. I think it has more to do with insurance company profits to be honest.

al

I'm still getting texts and calls from "Companies" trying to get me to make a claim. I was a passenger in a car crash (front bumper got cracked and the number plate got snapped), apparently I can get up to £3500!!!

My GF was called and played along with one of the companies.....they even told her how to make whiplash claim successful by saying the right things.

I'm still getting texts and calls from "Companies" trying to get me to make a claim. I was a passenger in a car crash (front bumper got cracked and the number plate got snapped), apparently I can get up to £3500!!!

I get one of those texts weekly, Ive never been in a crash (except for running that girl over). These texts are probably what gives me the impression that I have previously stated

No, because in actively seeking (and blatantly encouraging people) to seek compensation for accidents that could easily have been avoided if said person had used common sense, the lawyers themselves become just as guilty of immorality imo. I am obviously not only referring to car accidents now though.

Where is there any evidence to support your view that lawyers do that? If you read my posts you will see I have tried to give a balanced view which seeks to explain why the assumptions you make are in reality not actually the case.

I can vouch that on two occasions I was subjected to this behaviour from a Lawyer/Solicitor.

I only went to the solicitor to get reimbursed for the damage to my Motorbike but then he started telling me how I should claim for whiplash and trauma caused by the accident, he went on to tell me he would arrange a private consultant to "diagnose" my trauma (insert image of said solicitor winking).

I was also advised that to beef it up I could tell the consultant how my love for Motorcycles has now been dented for life & how every time I approach a junction I'm unnerved to the point of giving up riding.

false claimers?

my sister got into a scrape a while back where another driver was a bit slow on the brakes and "nudged" the back of her Audi (seriously the insurance company didnt even consider placing the damage into a write off category as it was silly easy to repair cosmetics)

however

my sister decided that she had a opportunity for a cash gain and started screamin about how her neck was immovable and apparently kicked up so much of a stink that two paramedic cars, several rozzer mobiles and a ambulance ended up attending a very minor accident.

She later returned home with a neck brace on.

long story short..... she was still planning on going on a skiing holiday planned for two weeks later (despite being incapable of performing even simple everyday tasks due to her injury) and continuing her claim of temporary disability.....

....right upto the point were I warned her that being a money grabbing lying bint would see me become a honest grassing c*nt to the appropriate insurance group.

she strangely hasnt talked to me since?

after the wife was hit from behind and getting my car wrote off ,went to physio for 8 weeks before having to go to an independant doctor to be accessed for whiplash damage where he wrote a report out that will be sent to courts if need be.... i cant understand how your sister thinks she'll be able to fool the docs about any damage to her neck

false claimers?

my sister got into a scrape a while back where another driver was a bit slow on the brakes and "nudged" the back of her Audi (seriously the insurance company didnt even consider placing the damage into a write off category as it was silly easy to repair cosmetics)

however

my sister decided that she had a opportunity for a cash gain and started screamin about how her neck was immovable and apparently kicked up so much of a stink that two paramedic cars, several rozzer mobiles and a ambulance ended up attending a very minor accident.

She later returned home with a neck brace on.

long story short..... she was still planning on going on a skiing holiday planned for two weeks later (despite being incapable of performing even simple everyday tasks due to her injury) and continuing her claim of temporary disability.....

....right upto the point were I warned her that being a money grabbing lying bint would see me become a honest grassing c*nt to the appropriate insurance group.

she strangely hasnt talked to me since?

after the wife was hit from behind and getting my car wrote off ,went to physio for 8 weeks before having to go to an independant doctor to be accessed for whiplash damage where he wrote a report out that will be sent to courts if need be.... i cant understand how your sister thinks she'll be able to fool the docs about any damage to her neck

Easily!

If you know what to say and how to act whiplash is undetectable via x-rays

and tests, why do you think whiplash is the claim they all make lol. :rolleyes:

However, knowing that if their injury IS genuine, I think that the injured party themselves should have to seek private medical testing funded by themselves,

This is retarded....

Didn't fancy adding the rest of that paragraph into the quote then?

I get one of those texts weekly, Ive never been in a crash (except for running that girl over). These texts are probably what gives me the impression that I have previously stated

I get the same texts.

Edited by RobMk6