after market steering wheel

richmond

balbs coming out any way so i dont see the point in spending double if all it does is turn the light off

As of August i believe that will not pass an MOT. All lights on the dash come into the MOT as of August. You cannot simply take the bulb out as they have to function correctly as the ignition is switched on and then switch off when the car has started (If that is the correct function) any light on, fails the test.

balbs coming out any way so i dont see the point in spending double if all it does is turn the light off

As of August i believe that will not pass an MOT. All lights on the dash come into the MOT as of August. You cannot simply take the bulb out as they have to function correctly as the ignition is switched on and then switch off when the car has started (If that is the correct function) any light on, fails the test.

Are you a tester?

A warning light not fitted for a non existing part should not fail?

For instance, my car does not have ABS yet has the dash fitment for the bulb and fitment, by this your saying mine will fail without this bulb?

Btw I do believe the airbag boss is actually a different fitment to the non airbag model. I have the airbag boss for mine because the non airbag one is incorrect.

Some do in fact come with the bits to disable the airbag light.

Edited by PeeWee

Are you a tester?

For instance, my car does not have ABS yet has the dash fitment for the bulb and fitment, by this your saying mine will fail without this bulb?

Btw I do believe the airbag boss is actually a different fitment to the non airbag model. I have the airbag boss for mine because the non airbag one is incorrect.

No i'm not, but i was talking to the MOT station, yeah, i did mean if it has the stuff it's all got to work, but surely you can't take the airbag out without it failing? I thought if the car was supposed to have it, it had to work (as of August i know airbag doesn't come into it at the moment)

Are you a tester?

No i'm not, but i was talking to the MOT station, yeah, i did mean if it has the stuff it's all got to work, but surely you can't take the airbag out without it failing? I thought if the car was supposed to have it, it had to work (as of August i know airbag doesn't come into it at the moment)

Of course, but he wont have an airbag nor the light if he disables it which should be fine. Its different if he has an airbag and disables the warning light but this is not what he intends to do.

Are you a tester?

Of course, but he wont have an airbag nor the light if he disables it which should be fine. Its different if he has an airbag and disables the warning light but this is not what he intends to do.

They won't know that it used to have one? By year or something, personally i've never taken a car down for an MOT and watched i just got talking to the guy because someone told me that day running lights had to be fitted but he didn't know if that was to every car, thankfully, they don't.

• 3 weeks later...
ALSO probably pointless now but I think the steering columns are slightly different t from air bag to non air bag

Ive just got a 2nd hand one from eBay - dont know if its air bag or non-air bag but its fitted lol. The geezer who sent it was a right knob though - no communication and it turned up 5 days late, no fixing bolts and rubber boss surround missing. Luckily i had all those bits spare but aint the point haha