Aux fusebox feed,

RobMk6

Essentially, this:

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/26431.jpg

That picture if the ideal scenario but:

So far I've come up with bring a feed in to say, a top connection, then use a 'fly lead' to essetially marry up all the top connections so they're live, then use the bottom connections as feeds to my 'things'

Essentially, this:

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/26431.jpg

That picture if the ideal scenario but:

So far I've come up with bring a feed in to say, a top connection, then use a 'fly lead' to essetially marry up all the top connections so they're live, then use the bottom connections as feeds to my 'things'

Last time i saw something like that done the feed from the battery melted, powering lots of 'things' from essentially one live i would say is a no no, atleast split it into a couple of live feeds from the battery.

A good way to do it is use some 7 core trailer board cable, it then looks like only one feed but with 7 wires inside it so each fuse has an individual feed :thumb:

The same as Shawdreamers thread, (where I nicked the pic from) its not gonna be all on at the same time and I've calculated the total amp/current draw of everything running at the same time and its still less than the amp rating of the main supply cable.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/robmk6/My%20Cars/Parts/DSC01770-1.jpg

The same as Shawdreamers thread, (where I nicked the pic from) its not gonna be all on at the same time and I've calculated the total amp/current draw of everything running at the same time and its still less than the amp rating of the main supply cable.

Fair enough. I'd still personally go for the trailer board cable because it then makes giving each fuse a live easier. I'm thinking of these electrical connectors you can get but, they won't be big enough for the main cable. I don't really know of anything to do that, sorry pal. Has Shawdreamer done the same as what you're trying to achieve?

Piggyback Spade connectors?

I think the only way is to copy what shawdreamer did, the fuse box you have does not allow you to connect all one side up using a busbar. Have seen a box on demontweeks that uses a busbar but its £25. shawdeamers does look well done and does the job. Edited by JAMGTI

Shaw bought his that way in the form of a kit, fusebox complete with wiring,

I'd like to bet though that its a live with the separate feeds being twisted together then shrink wrapped so it looks neat, may see if i can find some stuff in work to sort something similar

Shaw bought his that way in the form of a kit, fusebox complete with wiring,

I'd like to bet though that its a live with the separate feeds being twisted together then shrink wrapped so it looks neat, may see if i can find some stuff in work to sort something similar

Well i'd say that's how he did it also, ask him. If you really only want one live, use piggyback connectors, but i strongly suggest 7 core.

Shawdreamer cable looks like it has he smaller cables solder together then shrinked wrapped. this is probably the easiest way. in your drawing the links would need to be a similar size cable and i doubt you would get 2 in the same crimp. you could try soldering a larger cable or busbar across the terminals. If you used a seven core cable from the battery it may be difficult to attach them to the terminal, also they would all need fusing so there would be no point in the fusebox. Edited by JAMGTI

Shawdreamer cable looks like it has he smaller cables solder together then shrinked wrapped. this is probably the easiest way. in your drawing the links would need to be a similar size cable and i doubt you would get 2 in the same crimp. you could try soldering a larger cable or busbar across the terminals. If you used a seven core cable from the battery it may be difficult to attach them to the terminal, also they would all need fusing so there would be no point in the fusebox.

Thats a fair point. Oh, i've got just the ticket! How about one of these?

http://www.amabilidade2002.com/wgv14.jpg

It's a four way splitter, so you have one live coming in and four out then just the one fuse in the main power cable then the four outputs to the fuse box :thumb:

Last one seems like a reasonable option, but want to stick with the fusebox option, If I can find stuff in work to make up a split feed then I'll do it that way.

I dont think shaws car has caught fire yet :pancake:

You still use the fusebox, run a live feed from the battery, through a fuse, into the distributor block out to the fuse box.