Wide arch 5 door project

lee grout

The red one is the feed IIRC? so it goes to the filter. Have you thought about using fuel pipe and jubalee clips?

Something like this, but in the correct size:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-3-8-DIESEL-...=item256892c2a8

Well done, thats exactly what I was thinking. Just ordered a lengh of pipe and a connector so hopefully thats the end off that problem.

Nice to meet you today mate, hope you keep going with what time you have.

Should have asked you to sort out my splitter.

Yeah it was, must be a year since I saw you last to pick up that beam!

Like I said earlier, nice to be able to talk cars with someone as none of my mates are into cars lol. Its a lot nicer to see your motor in the flesh. Like I said earlier gives some inspiration and gets the juices flowing lol.

The red one is the feed IIRC? so it goes to the filter. Have you thought about using fuel pipe and jubalee clips?

Something like this, but in the correct size:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-3-8-DIESEL-...=item256892c2a8

Well done, thats exactly what I was thinking. Just ordered a lengh of pipe and a connector so hopefully thats the end off that problem.

Nice to meet you today mate, hope you keep going with what time you have.

Should have asked you to sort out my splitter.

Yeah it was, must be a year since I saw you last to pick up that beam!

Like I said earlier, nice to be able to talk cars with someone as none of my mates are into cars lol. Its a lot nicer to see your motor in the flesh. Like I said earlier gives some inspiration and gets the juices flowing lol.

Did you like it though?

Should go for a spin next time, don't worry I ain't a nutter or anything.

Did you like it though?

Should go for a spin next time, don't worry I ain't a nutter or anything.

Yeah I did like it. Like I said, I was impressed with how good the rims look in real life rather than in a pic. I'll defo do those dials you said about....When its up and running again. Hopefully the bits will come before the weekend and I can do it one eve :)

Oh and would defo go out for a spin. I dont think you'd risk putting the car in harms way!

• 2 weeks later...
After all the waiting its all done and it runs! The extended hose worked a treat, allowed me to connect everything up easily before fixing the tank back in place. After it wouldnt start I got hold of a new fuel filter. Fitted that only yesterday, and with the addition of some new fuel it fired up 1st time. Bit lumpy every so often ( only ran for about 10 mins because it was getting late lol) and a bit smokey out the back BUT...it works lol. Gonna get some injector cleaning stuff in there too to help things out. Hopefully on a pleasant day I may actually get close to finishing the bodywork bar spraying. :rolleyes:

Just spent my saturday evening reading your thread and very enjoyable it was to, a lot of hard work i guess but enjoyable.Can i ask if the reason for the green black and white theme in the engine bay is because your a closset argyle fan lol you dont have to own up to it if you dont want to, but just for the record i am. Iknow fordfair is only a week away but is the car gonna be there, if not keep up the good work and im sure everyone on here is looking forward to seeing more updates.

Just spent my saturday evening reading your thread and very enjoyable it was to, a lot of hard work i guess but enjoyable.Can i ask if the reason for the green black and white theme in the engine bay is because your a closset argyle fan lol you dont have to own up to it if you dont want to, but just for the record i am. I know fordfair is only a week away but is the car gonna be there, if not keep up the good work and im sure everyone on here is looking forward to seeing more updates.

Thought i'd answer this as Lee only posts once every 8 years, simular time scale for replying to texts also.

No the car wont be going, theres a vast amount of work to be done still, alot cosmetic and weather dependant, he told me he wasnt going to get the time. I did have a good look at the car though when I went to visit, top work, cant wait to see it out rolling.

Just spent my saturday evening reading your thread and very enjoyable it was to, a lot of hard work i guess but enjoyable.Can i ask if the reason for the green black and white theme in the engine bay is because your a closset argyle fan lol you dont have to own up to it if you dont want to, but just for the record i am. Iknow fordfair is only a week away but is the car gonna be there, if not keep up the good work and im sure everyone on here is looking forward to seeing more updates.

Glad you enjoyed reading it. Sorry havnt updated anything much of late. Took ages to get the pump problem sorted but the weather hasnt helped either considering 95% of what I have to to requires the car to be out on the drive! Like Naylor said, it wont be at Ford Fair but I'm looking forward to going foe the 1st time.

ive just got a similar splitter.. the one for "cossie" bumpers... any pics etc on how you modded yours to fit??

I havnt! Its not fully fitted yet. I put it into place so it was fairly central to the bumper, then put 2 screws through each end to connect to the bumper. As for the top of the splitter, trial and error! Trim it, try it. If it needs to sit higher then trim it again. ?The key is to not trim too much so you dont have big gaps around it!

Just spent my saturday evening reading your thread and very enjoyable it was to, a lot of hard work i guess but enjoyable.Can i ask if the reason for the green black and white theme in the engine bay is because your a closset argyle fan lol you dont have to own up to it if you dont want to, but just for the record i am. I know fordfair is only a week away but is the car gonna be there, if not keep up the good work and im sure everyone on here is looking forward to seeing more updates.

Thought i'd answer this as Lee only posts once every 8 years, simular time scale for replying to texts also.

No the car wont be going, theres a vast amount of work to be done still, alot cosmetic and weather dependant, he told me he wasnt going to get the time. I did have a good look at the car though when I went to visit, top work, cant wait to see it out rolling.

C'mon....my text reply time isnt that bad!!!lol As for being on here, as my posts are slow I dont tend to come on so much. Looks much better out of the garage too ;)

• 1 month later...

Well it has been a while! Too long imo but there you go. Anyway here's what I picked up off Lukepinkney92....

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/carsep12005.jpg

After some pads and a buffing mop. Much better. Didnt really need to do the whole box but while I was in the mood. Oh and i only just noticed the d1ck and balls resemblance using the exhaust and spray pattern on the table! :pancake: I will take some rag and metal polish to the face edge of the box later too so it should look nice and shiney like the rest.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/carsep12006.jpg

Also jacked the car up at the back to refurb the wheels. 2 at a time is a good number. About an eve per wheel of rubbing down, cleaning and masking up. Well, as I done it in the house i was distracted by watching films while I was doing it.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/carsep12001.jpg

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/carsep12003.jpg

And almost completed.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx80/the-jonsonator/carsep12004.jpg

Just need some matt finish lacquer to coat on top, bit of extra protection. Then just remove the tape and job done. The studs around the edge I've left chrome so hope it will look ok. Will spray the centre caps black later and I'll see what inserts I can fit into them.

Im loving the matt black look so cant wait to get the others done :thumb:

Edited by lee grout