wtf

mrmetallica

Pees me off when these use the road! It's a PEDESTRIAN aid and should therefore be used on the pavement! Granted, some have lights but they're not insured for road use!

At this point there's an argument saying cyclists shouldn't be on the road, but the difference is a push bike isn't self powered... Those scooters are a motorised vehicle!

Pees me off when these use the road! It's a PEDESTRIAN aid and should therefore be used on the pavement! Granted, some have lights but they're not insured for road use!

At this point there's an argument saying cyclists shouldn't be on the road, but the difference is a push bike isn't self powered... Those scooters are a motorised vehicle!

technically they're classified as neither a road vehicle nor being unsuitable for being on the road....it is actually possible to road register them (although even if it is road registered, it isn't necessary to display the VRM) and with it being an electric/disabled vehicle it is tax exempt.

i seem to remember that if it is registered, it only has to be 'in a satisfactory and roadworthy condition' and has to be insured!

I don't get why people think cyclists should use a footpath. Kids, yeah... but not adults.

But I'm all for making helmets and lights the law.

I mean, if I gun it in my highest gear I can top just over 40MPH (46MPH on GPS being my highest recorded speed so far) on tarmac... What's going to happen to a pedestrian at 40MPH if I hit them? Pedestrians will not hear me coming until it's too late and they have stepped in my path...

I travel on 30-40MPH roads on a bike so I don't see a problem... If people get annoyed because they can't overtake me then they are either speeding or I'm just feeling tired that day.

I put little 50cc scooters to shame all day (really Pees them off... :innocent: ) and not half as many people complain about them!

Whereas granny scooters, most manage jogging speeds so are safe on pavements. But some can manage around 15-25MPH, I've seen plenty of those road registered with lights, indicators, mirrors etc... they should be on the road, subject to a full UK licence or CBT due to their speed and power (they hit top speed pretty quick with the torque of an electric motor and very little weight).

belive it or not you can actually register them and get number plates fitted to the i saw one in blackpool town centre and thought tey must have them on for fun so i used my car check app and its registered with all details as it would as a car lol

ther's LOADS round here on the roads ..bloody pain in the harris ... seen one just couple hours ago that was a Q reg ..wonder if it had been written off and re-registered ?