Phone camera lens.

Ahmotorsport

Hello all, a while back i remembered seeing a phone that you screwed a camera lens too, i couldn't find it again. So i started typing in things like "Phone telescope" etc nothing came up, that was a few months ago, now, i typed it in again as i'm sitting here on this boring Sunday afternoon and loads come up! So i bought this one Clicky

I thought it was a bargain and even if it's no good, it's still 11 quid at the end of the day and it would be perfect for the race weekends i go to. I'll let you know how it goes but i thought i'd post it on here.

Well i started youtubing it and found that it seems alright. If it's a waste of a tenner, it's a waste of a tenner, atleast i then know, it's a waste of a tenner :pancake:

Clicky

Hmm.. keep us updated on this, looks interesting! A frind of mine got a fish eye lense for his iPhone 4 and that works really well!

Will do!

What phone you running? That video is great and it shows the lense is of decent quality but if your phone only has a 2-3MP camera then its not exactly a photography tool

Mines a 5MP, but thinking of upgrading soon, can't stand LG anymore. I'm not expecting anything brilliant but, i always take my phone out my pocket to take a picture and it has crap digital zoom and it has to be set on 'VGA' for even any kind of zoom.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it arrived today, i was hoping it would arrive yesterday because we were testing a Vauxhall Firenza at Brands today so i wanted to take some pictures. Anyway, took it out of the box, put it all together, tell you what, not bad at all! Obviously, it's not the best thing in the world but it will certainly do me and for the phones of today with better cameras and HD video etc it would be brilliant. Took some pictures for you all to see.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P210711_1921.jpg

This is without the lens sitting on top of my toolbox.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/P210711_1920.jpg

This is with the lens sitting on top of my tool box.

I was going to say that the only bad part was the tripod is a little unsteady but i've since found one of the legs opens out further than the other two so it's no longer a problem.