Laptop batteries

eetaylog

My Dell laptop battery is starting to bite the dust and needs replacing, but Dell want me to remortgage in order to able to afford one. Any recommendations on where to buy from? Most websites that i visit seem to have the wrong specs for a replacement when i enter the battery part number. My one has the following specs:

Dell X284G Li-ion battery

9 cell

10.8V

48Wh (4800mWh) capacity

Most websites seem to have this model down as a 6 cell, 11.1V, 44Wh battery though :unsure:

I got one from ebay, cant remember which seller as there are loads(was a uk seller tho), i have a dell inspiron and got the uprated 7200mWh for £35-40 fits properly but as its a bigger capacity it has a piece that sticks out a bit at the back.

Dont like the sound of that :unsure:

Non-genuine stuff is a minefield. Whatever battery you choose, make sure you get some intelligent charge management s/w to ensure it get cycled every now and again rather than keeping it fully charged.

I regularly run it down to near empty anyway so dont think it will be a problem. The discrepency in voltage is a bit worrying though (mine is 10.8V, whereas every other one ive found online, including Dell are all 11.1V). Would it be regualted to whichever voltage it needs anyway?