Could anyone help me with fitting a new clutch

Neil-Serenade

Hey stEVO,

appreciate your pictures and also the other guys too! My Clutch is on the list of To Do things for my mk6 van! And last time I changed a clutch must have been on a RWD mk3 Cortina or my old custom '64 Mk 3 Zephyr (3 litre Essex powered) can't remember which.. some 25 years ago!!!!! Anyway you guys have inspired confidence in me to have a go again! Plus I'm half skint!! :thumb:

Thanks Lads

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey stEVO,

appreciate your pictures and also the other guys too! My Clutch is on the list of To Do things for my mk6 van! And last time I changed a clutch must have been on a RWD mk3 Cortina or my old custom '64 Mk 3 Zephyr (3 litre Essex powered) can't remember which.. some 25 years ago!!!!! Anyway you guys have inspired confidence in me to have a go again! Plus I'm half skint!! :thumb:

Thanks Lads

Go for it Dyl it's easy to do if you have a bit of DIY mechanic in you. Glad you have been inspired again! :thumb:

i'd say it would be fine for a while.

Me too :D

• 3 weeks later...
Morning all. Thought i would raise this item again. I posted this thread a few months back and mar_k very kindly offered to help me but he hasn't been on here for a few months so i dont know if anyone has a contact number/email address for him but if there is anyone else local to Bristol who could help me fit it that would be much appreciated. Cheers again.

• 2 months later...
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there who could help. If possible i would need my speedo looking at because of the bouncing needle and also handbrake as it has a lot of travel seeing as its only a year old. I dont have any mechanical experience but an extra pair of hands can be handy. I dont mind traveling within reason as wel, im in Bristol. Cheers again.