Macbook Air

wwwd

What about this Asus? They make very High Quality kit http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....rodid=LT-193-AS

Specs are the same more or less as the Air.

Air:~ £999

- 1.6GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

- 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM

- 128GB Flash Storage

Asus:~£849

- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 2467M Processor (same as the air)

- Memory: 4096MB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, OnBoard Memory

- Storage: SATA3 128GB SSD

Asus Seems a no brainer IMO, Its Light, Thin, Good Looking, Cheaper than the air and I think it looks better :)

Chances are you might find it cheaper than £849 as OC are a tad overpriced these days

http://www.olcsonpc.hu/custom/mastermind/image/data/116942-asus-zenbook-ux31e-dh53-2.jpg

Edited by scottg17

What about this Asus? They make very High Quality kit http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....rodid=LT-193-AS

- 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM

- 128GB Flash Storage

Asus Seems a no brainer IMO, Its Light, Thin, Good Looking, Cheaper than the air and I think it looks better :)

Chances are you might find it cheaper than £849 as OC are a tad overpriced these days

I've just bought a system with the same CPU/RAM/GPU spec as both of those, very quick booting, I'm into Windows8 in about 5 seconds.

Have you noticed these days though that all the innovations seem to be coming via apple.

Apple release the iphone, now it's rare to see any other phone design that doesnt imitate it.

Tablets have been around for years and never took off, Apple release the ipad and low and behold every company releases a lookalike & business booms in the tablet market.

Then theres the mac book air & above up there we have a pc laptop spookily resembling, no wait, exactly same styling as the mac.

I also come accross many pc's in our offices just like the imacs with the pc all in one with the monitor (no seperate tower), guess who thought of that first?

- 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM

- 128GB Flash Storage

I've just bought a system with the same CPU/RAM/GPU spec as both of those, very quick booting, I'm into Windows8 in about 5 seconds.

Want pls.

Have you noticed these days though that all the innovations seem to be coming via apple.

Apple release the iphone, now it's rare to see any other phone design that doesnt imitate it.

Tablets have been around for years and never took off, Apple release the ipad and low and behold every company releases a lookalike & business booms in the tablet market.

Then theres the mac book air & above up there we have a pc laptop spookily resembling, no wait, exactly same styling as the mac.

I also come accross many pc's in our offices just like the imacs with the pc all in one with the monitor (no seperate tower), guess who thought of that first?

Ferdinand Verbiest invented the car.... if no one copied it then there would be nothing to compete with so we'd still be rolling around in steam powered cars with wooden wheels, If companies didn't copy there'd be no competition meaning no progression. The reason I don't buy apple myself is because I cannot justify the cost and the fact of all the software limitations and the way that most apple devices only really work well with other apple devices , When another manufacturer comes out with something that's as good and cheaper then of course you are going to choose it??

You should know yourself that alot of Apple stuff is copied from their competitors, where do you think the GUI came from ? Xerox.

Apple don't innovate as such,the big advantage they have is a good marketing department. (excluding the PC vs Mac ads).

Fair enough yes i'm not denying theres copying both ways but we are often seeing devices looking like identical clones of Apple items.

As for Scott comparing the invention of the car? Im not talkimg about inventions but innovations and styling, Im not talking about the invention of the phone but cloning identical copys with no new design or style to differ it from whats been already done.

We used to see many new phone designs from flip,swivel,reverse, slide screens but now all follow Apples design including the icon layouts.

Surely people can see what Im getting at here?

I agree with the cost issue but then again the phones I have seen that come close to replicating an iphone cost roughly the same.

Im lucky to be able to justify the amount of use of the functions an iphone offers rather than just having one for the sake of it.

Annoying parts? No Flash and yes the fact that apple products work best along other apple products.

Edited by PeeWee

• 3 months later...