F1 2012

Craig855S

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's lost her eye, so that's the career over, massive shame.

On a more positive note, i'm rather looking forward to the GP this weekend.

Massive shame and my sympathies go out to her, however, I'm not sure how her 'career' was shaping up. 32 and this was her first time in an F1 car and she stacked it into the back of a truck at low(ish) speeds.

Female F1 drivers are a gimic and should not be encouraged.

She's lost her eye, so that's the career over, massive shame.

On a more positive note, i'm rather looking forward to the GP this weekend.

Massive shame and my sympathies go out to her, however, I'm not sure how her 'career' was shaping up. 32 and this was her first time in an F1 car and she stacked it into the back of a truck at low(ish) speeds.

Female F1 drivers are a gimic and should not be encouraged.

I think that female drivers have just the same right to be in F1 as men do, same was said about female pilots, yet back in the 1920s/30s, you had female pioneers such as Amy Johnson, Emilia Earhardt, etc proving that women are just as capable (the Emilia was prone to landing at the wrong destination :P ).

There is an element of female drivers currently being a gimmick which is how things usually start if a demographic is introduced to any organisation, sport or otherwise, but it does pave the way to others who have got a genuine reason to be involved to do so. 20 years ago I would have said that women might have struggled more with the F1 cars due to the fact the cars were exhausting the fittest of male drivers (look at the footage of the likes of Senna being carried out their cars), but now I can't see it being an issue.

I think that until an investigation is done in the events, I think it's a case of keeping an open mind on the cause of the accident, driver error or down to a car fault. My thoughts go to Maria and her family, must be devastating to go from looking forward to her first drive in an F1 car, to losing an eye and ending her motorsport career.

What did everyone think then of red flagging the qualifying session today untill the weather picked up?

Myself think they should of carried on. Well done to the teams who went out 1st and did a good job only to then have it cancelled so other teams could then go out in better weather! Unfair isnt the word. I dont agree from the safety argument side of things. Its a race, they can race 'to the conditions' safely. Slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that. Too many rules riun the fun for everyone.

On a more positive note, I went up yesterday to watch the practice sessions. Never been before but loved it. I know its loud but untill you've experienced it you cant really appreciate how loud it actually is 8o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a good race so far in the Belgian GP. Big smash on the 1st corner was proper action. 5 cars in one go thanks to Maldinado I think, clipped Hamilton and the sh1t hit the fan. Race didnt start till lap 5. Some excellent overtaking from Vettel. Good ol Button still miles out front after all this action slowing down everyone else :P

I feel really sorry for Kobayashi ;(

What a good race so far in the Belgian GP. Big smash on the 1st corner was proper action. 5 cars in one go thanks to Maldinado I think, clipped Hamilton and the sh1t hit the fan. Race didnt start till lap 5. Some excellent overtaking from Vettel. Good ol Button still miles out front after all this action slowing down everyone else :P

Maldonado had a false start. Grosjean took Lewis out.

Maldonado had a false start. Grosjean took Lewis out.

Ahh thats it. Plenty to keep me entertained throughout the whole race :innocent:

Utter carnage but seen worse in the past 1st lap around spa, grosjean way to hot but pastor's blatant false start had contributed to the pile up, alonso lucky not to be hurt. Button faultless all race. Quite funny hearing give interviews while still on the podium.

Maldonado notches up 2 more trips to the stewards office this weekend, be interesting to see how much the fia will fine/penalise him.

Did someone force him over into Hamilton? I couldn't see from where we were sat, and all we got was on oars replays. Alonso looked lucky thoughnot to have been injured

Not that i could see, in his interview he said he honestly thought there was enough room for both cars, Grosjean has also been fined 50,000 euros, Lotus reserve driver D'ambrosio will probably fill his seat for Monza. Maldanado has been handed 2 seperate 5 place grid penalty for jump start & causing an incident on lap 5 with Glock.