printer spooler

etrebus

you went to the second option as I instructed though?

no i must have done wrong thing first but just tried again using command prompt thing typing sfc/scannow .done scan found faults and fixed them but spooler still dosn't work :thumb:

now able to install printer but says some bits not installed so still dont work

you went to the second option as I instructed though?

no i must have done wrong thing first but just tried again using command prompt thing typing sfc/scannow .done scan found faults and fixed them but spooler still dosn't work :thumb:

now able to install printer but says some bits not installed so still dont work .have an error code of 0x0004001 realy confused about what to do now ,what makes the spooler work ??

• 1 year later...
Be sure to back up all your data.

Desktop, my documents, favourites, etc.

yes i only have a few pictures on it nothing else important cheers for help :thumb:

i have now wiped the computer and printer works fine now just had to re install it again but now it randomly switches itself off i don't know if its related but it does it 3 to 4 times then its fine for the rest of the day it may just turn off or it may freeze and i have to manually turn it off by holding in the power button

Make sure all your fans are running ok.

Take off the side of the case and check case and heatsink fan and that they turn free, check for dust/fluff that may obstruct the smooth flow.

Possible is that your cpu/heatsink fan is sticking but after a few starts it spins free.

Other things to try

Memory:

More than one stick?

Try one stick at a time in case one is duff.

Take off the side of the case and check case and heatsink fan and that they turn free, check for dust/fluff that may obstruct the smooth flow.

Possible is that your cpu/heatsink fan is sticking but after a few starts it spins free.

Other things to try

Memory:

More than one stick?

ok will try that only stopped twice so far today so getting better lol i think i have only one stick but can upgrade to 4 if that makes sense cheers

Other things to try

Memory:

More than one stick?

ok will try that only stopped twice so far today so getting better lol i think i have only one stick but can upgrade to 4 if that makes sense cheers

leave me out of this ... I quite often take my tower apart and blow with my compressor ..keeps the dust down and lets the fans run better :thumb:

Other things to try

Memory:

More than one stick?

leave me out of this ... I quite often take my tower apart and blow with my compressor ..keeps the dust down and lets the fans run better :thumb:

well i blew out the tower and by accident knocked the clip holding the fan to the processor so i just clipped it back but unknown to me the processor had popped out a bit and as i clipped it back it snapped off two of the tiny pins so i'm now looking for a replacement processor if anyone has a amd athlon 64x2 ado44001aa5dd they want to sell cheap :thumb: