download speed

duffa

strange thing has happened on my pc ..just done a speedtest to check and my download speed and its 3.55mbps .. i know it aint great but hey/ho .. when I try to download a torrent or such the speed on that is really slow ( 1.6 kb/s ) or grinds to a halt ..any ideas ?

If its torrents your downloading allsorts can be a factor in your speeds.

Peer amounts, leechers, qualtiy of uploaders, peak time usage, the list goes on to be fair.

Very few details such as what your downloading, location it was found, client your using means its hard to diagnose your issue?

sorry i'm not being very clear .. for instance i tried to download this earlier today >> click and it just stops after a few minutes also i'm trying a couple of test downloads on utorrent both of which have hundreds of seeds but both are downloading at less that 1 kb/s used to have speeds of over 200 or 300 kb/s or more ..wondering if some of my settings have changed somewhere ..or is my pc on its way out

Might be that most are belonging to private trackers, torrents are not a great indication of speed depending who they are you see?

try using a different browser to download the avg?

What client are you using for the torrents?

Could be your provider is having issues too, try streaming you tube see how that fairs?

using Demonoid for torrents and tried downloading Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8 [24 Hours Only ] on both IE and firefox you got any links i can try to see if it'll work elsewhere ?

edit...youtube works fine

Edited by duffa

dont know what happened but when i switched on this morning one of the downloads on my utorrent suddenly shot up to over 400 mb/s maybe i just had a crap connecting to my server last night