Spacers

TC-DNB

Tried swapping my Cossie wheels for ST24 wheels last week for winter, only to find the calipers touched (as fitted ST170 discs with MK3 mondeo calipers).

Will i be able to put 4-5mm spacers on the front to make the clearance, and still have enough room left on the bolts for the nuts? I thought it would be fine but a mechanic at my work reckons it won't leave enough bolt, making me question the idea of spacers.

Any help/advice would be great. My current tyres are sh!te in the wet and i dont wanna ruin my cosworth rims over winter (already scuffed one thanks to a d!ck head bus driver sliding towards me in the ice last week down a country lane)

thought ya was selling it?

Nah...basically the Golf had too much rot. Was looking at new seals, panels etc, plus a respray. With moving to a new house in 2012 i could do without the hassle. Was suppose to be a good deal but turned sour lol.

Any ideas with the spacers Wayne? Im sure itll be fine but wanna double check

Tried swapping my Cossie wheels for ST24 wheels last week for winter, only to find the calipers touched (as fitted ST170 discs with MK3 mondeo calipers).

Will i be able to put 4-5mm spacers on the front to make the clearance, and still have enough room left on the bolts for the nuts? I thought it would be fine but a mechanic at my work reckons it won't leave enough bolt, making me question the idea of spacers.

Any help/advice would be great. My current tyres are sh!te in the wet and i dont wanna ruin my cosworth rims over winter (already scuffed one thanks to a d!ck head bus driver sliding towards me in the ice last week down a country lane)

i would say 1 1/2 times bolt diameter in the nut for a wheel nut ,but if in any doubt get some longer studs/bolts :thumb:

u really need longer studs, i had 5mm spacerrs an d there was not enough thread to tighten the nut on safely

Bollox.

I may have some 2mm spacers knocking around. Reckon they would be ok?

i'm of the opinion that up to 3mm is ok. it's not that much to buy new long studs tbh?

• 3 weeks later...