Anybody work for virgin? or are you pc literate?

gogomollie

my bro works for em

I did a speed test on my comp and i am getting 9.6mb and paying for 10mb so the provider is delivering their service as promised.....but recently I am having trouble connecting my ps3 to psn resulting in me not been able to play online etc. I have also noticed my laptop connection is down to 2 bars when normally I recieve 3/4 when in other rooms other to the room with the wireless router in. Is this a fault with my router? is there a way i can find that out?. I want to try and get some advice before i ring virgin up. I was contemplating on upgradingto 30mb but quite reluctant to yet until I get something sorted.

The routers are rubbish (i have a white netgear one, but they do the same router in black)

I've got used to mine being rubbish now and i know what not to do with it (it hates torrents) but when i phoned and shouted at them on the phone they just said my only option was to buy my own router.... Which im actually tempted to do one day

The routers are rubbish (i have a white netgear one, but they do the same router in black)

I've got used to mine being rubbish now and i know what not to do with it (it hates torrents) but when i phoned and shouted at them on the phone they just said my only option was to buy my own router.... Which im actually tempted to do one day

Mine is white one 2 but i refuse to pay for my own like.....i think i shall make a call am out of contract to might be able to barter.

Log onto the modem (not the router) and look for the noise and signal information, note this down during bad speed/connection times and phone Virgin with this information.

If there is excess noise, chances are they will test the line then send an engineer to fit a forward path attenuator to your modem.

I would recommending upgrading your service and get a SuperHub (modem & router all in one) as these seem pretty stable so far.