Windows XP

Ahmotorsport

Yes, another problem, well, three actually.

Firstly, when i click "Turn off" it just restarts it, i can't get it to turn off without using the master switch on the back.

Then, Windows XP has changed so that now when i log on, it comes up with a box that says "Username : Unknown" and asks me for my pass word rather than coming up with the little picture and saying "Chris" and only asking me for my password.

Also when i go to click turn off it comes up with a drop down menu rather than the normal three icons.

Like this:

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae68/Ahmotorsport/windowsproblem.jpg

The log on box looks similar to that.

Finally, my internet connection appears to be terrible. It just stops loading pages, it says all is well and that's connected with good signal etc but it wont load pages, the only temporary fix is to restart the router, is this telling me the router isn't all that great? It's a Belkin N150.

Any advice or ideas would be brilliant.

Thanks again.

So web browsing and a game? The game is what may cause problems moving to something like BSD or if you want to be trendy, Linux. Web surfing though is fine.

Could well be, had this game on a few PC'S though. But thanks for the advice, no doubt i'll be looking into those!