Hackintosh

PeeWee

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure then. Multibeast/Easybeast knackered my installation too, so I'm just gonna reinstall it I think. There's a lesson here for us somewhere...

Least it doesnt take long. I'm gonna try reinstalling, then just put chameleon on, see if it does the same. If that knackers it too, then I think I will just use grub2 to boot it, as it supports Darwin.

Yeah, I suspect the same thing. The Graphics, audio and network all went when I used Easybeast - was better off just booting from USB! Will reinstall and try again with just the bootloader. Then I need the modified AppleRTC.kext to prevent the CMOS resetting after each boot. Then I need to find an Apple keyboard.

Yeah mine was fine from usb, although I wasn't lucky enough to get any lan or audio enabled.

This is a shame seeing as I might of been able to let lion search for the remaining drivers if I could get online.

What I was impressed with was how slick and fast it ran under osx with only 2gb ddr3 ram.

Now testing with a netgear wg111v2 usb wireless dongle and a fd57000 belkin internal lan.

Having to reinstall every-time I try various kext files though if they're wrong?

What is the best way to install kext files as Im still a bit unsure on how to do it properly in Lion?

Finding this place a good source of info & great downloads

http://www.osx86.net/

Tonymacx86 is a bit naff just at the moment after its new site update :(

Edited by PeeWee

Aye, the site migration has broken most of the google links, too.

I'm still trying to figure out how to un do multi beast, it knackered up a fresh installation again last night. Least I just have to clone the installation back across, but that doesn't help me boot from the hard drive... I think every time you run multi beast, you need to run it again before you restart, and select system utilities and repair all the permissions. I think. Im surprised if this is right, though, as you'd think it would do that automatically.

Nope! Buggers it every time lol.

You can install various kexts using it but using the easybeast function messes it all up everytime so there must be problem kexts within the easy beast option that doesn't like our Dells.

Not tried running a bootloader yet without running easybeast so maybe next try?

Managed to grab a spare realtek card from an old server I had, working great, just the sound now, I think I have the correct kext for that one though.

I did notice that since we started there is now the new Mountain Lion release, hmmm I wonder?

Bargain price though too at around £14 for the download.

Preferring kext wizard now too

Edited by PeeWee