Help, google hijacker virus

Craig855S

Hi peeps, the other day I got myself a whole bunch of viruses (Dont know how they all got past my antivirus at the same time but the symptoms of the initial problem were

No desktop background, no task manager, pop ups saying the computer has ram/hdd/graphics cards and all kinds of other terminal faults and i must pay for full microsoft antivirus to solve the problem,no icons on desktop, no filles in C drive, and finally google search leads to "easya-z" search results all the time (which i never click the links in as i know theyre bad news)

Typing a program name into the start menu bar I could see the ghostly icon of the program (which indicated it was hidden by it revealed it to me as i searched the program name correctly...namely firefox)

A bit of googling via my phone led me to download some apps and do some work to recover the things wrong.

I downloaded avira free and using scans on that i got rid of the annoying pop ups from the fraudulent "microsoft" antivirus

I used "unhide.exe" to get my desktop and C drive contents visable again

I went into regedit and deleted the registry entry that disabled the task manager

I downloaded PC tools internet security to try and stop the easya-z thing but despite finding and cleaning trojans out it hasnt solved the problem

And also my start menu shortcuts (right hand side of the start menu) arent there

Anyone able to solve the 2 problems i still have?

• 2 weeks later...