Damage in post wtf?????

GazSi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

postage he paid for was 9.99, which ingfact cost me £12.25, it was royal mail yes.

Your responsibility is to refund him then chase it through the royal mail (you still have the reciept yes?)

Your covered up to a certain amount and it should cover this easily (I think it's something like £38).

postage he paid for was 9.99, which ingfact cost me £12.25, it was royal mail yes.

Your responsibility is to refund him then chase it through the royal mail (you still have the reciept yes?)

Your covered up to a certain amount and it should cover this easily (I think it's something like £38).

Aye. If it's broken in transit then it's your job to claim.

Pain in the balls but it's not the buyers fault either.

Aye. If it's broken in transit then it's your job to claim.

Pain in the balls but it's not the buyers fault either.

IIRC then he has to return the item...

Should really specify your terms and conditions...

Demand he return them to you, say you will refund him on receipt of the lights. Then claim your losses back from the post office.

If the carrier damaged them you'll get your money back, if they arent damaged and he's trying to pull a fast one he'll leave you alone to save himself the cost of postage

Demand he return them to you, say you will refund him on receipt of the lights. Then claim your losses back from the post office.

If the carrier damaged them you'll get your money back, if they arent damaged and he's trying to pull a fast one he'll leave you alone to save himself the cost of postage

how do i go about this, do i just go postoffice with them?

how do i go about this, do i just go postoffice with them?

Have checked the post office website under complaints or damaged items?

(sorry if this seems obvious but it's what I would check first)

Edited by PeeWee

Case closed :cheers:

If your going to start a topic asking for help & advice it's simple manners to at the very least tell people a little more detail and not just "case closed". :mellow:

Offerd a refund, afew days later he replyed saying he's not arsed as they only cost him a tenner and hes found a replacement light now too, and he's left good feedback so all good, :cheers:

I consider your comments towards the guy both harsh & rude concidering you can't be sure what happend en route?

:rolleyes: ;)

Seems he was a decent chap after all.

Not with the first message he sent, but seems a decent person, and i'm a decent person too, :)

You said he told you they were broke, they were, not by you but still broke, I see no wrong in what he said.

You on the other hand called him a liar did you not?