New PC

Martin

You could build a nice Intel i5 PC with 1tb hd, 8gig ddr3 ram for that price.

Might have to add a little more to upgrade the GFX, but depends really on your needs.

Cpu intel i5 sandybridge roughly £130

Motherboard around £40

8 gig ddr around £40

1tb HD around £80

DVD drive £15 > (depends what you need)

Case £40 > (again depends what you want)

Various gfx card 1gb options for around £40

Edited by PeeWee

Might have to add a little more to upgrade the GFX, but depends really on your needs.

Motherboard around £40

8 gig ddr around £40

1tb HD around £80

I was about to post similar but I'd swap the GFX card for a £60 64GB SSD for the OS. The i5 has HDMI out and is perfect for normal use and Blu Rays. I'm not much of a PC gamer so don't know how it compares to a dedicated low-end card.

Or you could buy the PC I'm selling, fling some RAM and a graphics card in it and it wouldn't be far off that machine for about £100 less.

With extra cash I would change my recomendation but tried to keep as close to the original pc shown.

Im the same as sid really in terms of any gaming done via consoles so I can't really point you at a gfx option to suit your needs.

My personal next build project shall be an i5 based apple mac for sub £300 running OSX Lion retail (not a hacked up version) and dual booting Windows 7.

Edited by PeeWee

Motherboard around £40

8 gig ddr around £40

1tb HD around £80

I was about to post similar but I'd swap the GFX card for a £60 64GB SSD for the OS. The i5 has HDMI out and is perfect for normal use and Blu Rays. I'm not much of a PC gamer so don't know how it compares to a dedicated low-end card.

Or you could buy the PC I'm selling, fling some RAM and a graphics card in it and it wouldn't be far off that machine for about £100 less.

I assume you mean the HD 3000 on-die GPU ?

Pretty awesome.

How does this work, gfx gpu via cpu (not dealt with any i series cpu yet) does it just link via the motherboard outputs for connection?

Some intel processors work in combination with the chipset to provide a video adapter. I do this on my HTPC with its i3 cpu.

How does this work, gfx gpu via cpu (not dealt with any i series cpu yet) does it just link via the motherboard outputs for connection?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/arc...-developer.html

It's pretty much an extra core on the CPU that handles graphics.