Wired Connection?

wwwd

I'm in the process of moving house and getting the phone line and broadband sorted out this week.

Been looking at how best to have the Internet as I want to have Internet access in quite a few different rooms - the office for the computers, lounge for the PS3, and in my room for my laptop.

So I've found these:

Clicky

From what I gather, I can connect one to the router (which is in the hall) and then others to power sockets around the house and then connect these devices directly using a wired connection.

I want to avoid wireless connections as I've always had nothing but trouble with them!

Yes that's how it works. You won't get the advertised speed and it highly depends on your particular house's wiring and interference. I've got some "80mbit" ones which could barely sustain 5mbit/sec in my old house.

Wireless is potentially better if you use the right kit and set it up right.

Why not seeing as your moving house just get an Ethernet socket socket installed in each room, hook them up to a central switch and your laughing. Obv's there will be cost involved but would totally be worth it ;)

thats what i'm doing, 4 port face plate where the router sits, pushing to two ports in front room and 2 ports in the back room, then all you need is the short rj45 leads from your router to how many point you need, if you havent got enough ports on the router just plug in the ones where you'll use it :cheers:

Glad I stumbled across this!

I have just ordered a set ( I think they're the same)

http://www.ebuyer.com/263575-tp-link-200mb...ack-tl-pa211kit

I got the tripple pack for £53.48

And I also ordered this; http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/network...mpaign=products

To go behind the telly, so from the plug adapter I can run the Xbox, Wii, Smart TV, sky anytime+ and blu ray player.

One thing I was wondering though, Can they be used on extension leads?

I have just ordered a set ( I think they're the same)

One thing I was wondering though, Can they be used on extension leads?

Why didn't you use the eBay link I used? £33 for two, so I bought 2 packs (so I had 4 "sockets").

Unfortunately, they can't be used on extension leads, apparently. I say apparently because I just followed the guidelines in the documentation and have them straight into the main sockets on the wall. You could try it but it does say use it directly into the wall.

I did do a lot of research on these things before splashing out on a specific set, so you're welcome.

Yeah, even accessed the router from the end of an extension lead and the speed was the same.

I'm having problems at the mo though, not due to extension leads as I'm not using any at the mo but I'm not getting any network (the middle light isn't on) I plugged an Ethernet into the laptop straight from the router an the net works fine.

Strange. It's all been working fine untill now.

You tried unplugging them and putting them back?

And there's also a reset button at the bottom of those things.

I had to re sync them in the same double socket, never had to do it before but it worked.

Plugged back into an extension lead, running through an 8 port Ethernet switch and running a smart telly, Xbox, wii, sky and blu ray player. No slowness in connection and I may even say its running better than when we had wireless.

If you go onto the to-link website you can claim a free plug adapter at the mo.

Tp-link not to-link lol

P.s. I don't know what you have to do to get the free one, I just saw it when I went on there website.

You tried unplugging them and putting them back?

And there's also a reset button at the bottom of those things.

I had to re sync them in the same double socket, never had to do it before but it worked.

Plugged back into an extension lead, running through an 8 port Ethernet switch and running a smart telly, Xbox, wii, sky and blu ray player. No slowness in connection and I may even say its running better than when we had wireless.

If you go onto the to-link website you can claim a free plug adapter at the mo.

Tp-link not to-link lol

P.s. I don't know what you have to do to get the free one, I just saw it when I went on there website.

Free what sorry? Do you have a link?

And by link I mean actual link, not that sh*t sidprick posts.

http://www.evo-host.co.uk/getimg/29373.jpg