Samsung laptop issues

RobMk6

Wondering if anyone can help with this one before it goes out the window.

Had it a year or so now and when I got it, it took me ages to figure out how to close the lid without it going into sleep mode, turns out it was a program called Samsung fast start.

This program has long gone and yesterday I created a new user account on my laptop for the g/f to be able to use I tunes, I'm now having an issues where I'm again getting the 'access is denied' message when I try and change the 'what closing the lid does' option.

The problem I've got is every time I search the web I get the same answer..... Samsung fast start, which it clearly isn't. :(

I might try to reinstall the fast start application then disable it again and see if it makes a difference.

I'm thinking that having added the new account it's reverted back to its old settings and now there's no app to disable the locked power options

Sorry Pete, it's a windows 7 system,

Every time I try and change the options they are greyed out, underneath it says "click here to choose options not currently shown" or similar,

Click this it tells me I'm not authorised to change the options.

Also yes it been uninstalled

Every time I try and change the options they are greyed out, underneath it says "click here to choose options not currently shown" or similar,

Click this it tells me I'm not authorised to change the options.

Also yes it been uninstalled

Where as I think the new profile doesn't have admin rights..... or there is a more sinister problem on the go....

Same here!

Both user accounts are admin users.

Samsung fast start was disabled then unistalled using the control panel>add/remove etc...

had no problems until I added the new account :(

Re downloaded the fast start application, enabled then disabled it, problem solved!