New PC

Ahmotorsport

Evening.

It's me, i get paid for my work from now on, so i'll be on the hunt for a PC when i can spare the money to fund one.

I've been looking about, i want Windows 7, just to modernize a bit, i want something that can cope with some light gaming, video editing and the internet, that's pretty well all i do with them.

Now, i've come across lots of these things on eBay: Clicky

Are they too good to be true? i think they are, bare in mind, the last thing i want to be doing is replacing parts in a years time because they turn out to be cheap China shite, but i don't feel as if i don't need to be going over board on my spending because, i just don't need a super computer.

As far as i know AMD are quite good? Also Sata?

Anyway, opinions please. Thanks.

"Operating System: Not Included"

what is your budget?

Are you up to building one?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/LP/systems2.php would be suggestion?

I know it's not included but it says for £80 more you can have '7.

Never really thought about it, i've never done it before.

I'll have a look, cheers.

Oh and well as i say, i don't want to be going mad with spending, bare in mind i have my vehicle to take my money along with going to Canada in September.

Most stuff is manufactured in China now.

I think i'd prefer to buy a 1 yr old state of the art machine than a bottom of the barrel brand new machine today. It'd most likely be faster and more reliable. Perhaps have a look in the Dell outlet or something.

ThinkCentre M58p (3285-A62)

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400, 2GB, 2x160GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, PCI/PCIe Tower (4x5), Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500, DVD Recordable, Intel Gigabit Ethernet

I could probably provide an unused machine with the above spec, Windows 7 and Office 2007 for £200. That'd leave you a few quid if you wanted to upgrade the graphics or add more RAM.

Most stuff is manufactured in China now.

I think i'd prefer to buy a 1 yr old state of the art machine than a bottom of the barrel brand new machine today. It'd most likely be faster and more reliable. Perhaps have a look in the Dell outlet or something.

It's a fair point, trouble is i don't know what bottom of the barrel spec is :pancake:

ThinkCentre M58p (3285-A62)

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E8400, 2GB, 2x160GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, PCI/PCIe Tower (4x5), Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500, DVD Recordable, Intel Gigabit Ethernet

I could probably provide an unused machine with the above spec, Windows 7 and Office 2007 for £200. That'd leave you a few quid if you wanted to upgrade the graphics or add more RAM.

Would that fill my needs?

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

Is there a limit to what graphics card that can take? My brother put one in my mums old computer and it blew it up within about two months (well, i put it down to that anyway)