Two Displays

RobMk6

Yet again I'm posing a question thats probably very simple to some people....

What I'd like to know is:

I use BBC iplayer as then I can watch what I want, when I want no matter what is on the TV etc......

I use a HDMI connection between TV and laptop to watch iplayer on my laptop, however at times I'd like to be able to use the laptop for other things, such as web browsing etc....

Is there a way to do both? so have the HDMI port putting out iplayer while I use the actual laptop screen to do other things?

Cheers

Rob

worth bearing in mind, with one screen streaming it might get a tad laggy on the other browser window (depending on the quality of Laptop, quality of streaming material, etc etc)

least that's what occasionally happens with my lappy when I'm streaming a video to the livingroom tele via HDMi while having a net browser window open in the laptop itself..... then again might just be me feckin up settings somewhere on windows7 or maybe my laptops current 4Gb of Ram isn't upto the task of browsing and streaming HD quality stuff at the same time.

I usually use one of my 360's for Iplayer rather than a laptop though, saves faffin about imo.

• 2 weeks later...
yea I worked it out Pete, I was dragging the shortcut then opening it ha, but worked out I need to drag the whole open app, works well :D

YOU worked it out lol?

That's what I told you to do. :pancake:

Glad you got it all sorted rob. :cheers:

Edited by PeeWee