Some Advice on Tyres

scottg17

Fronts are due for a change on the ST just now so going to do all 4 tyres and and get rid of the Yokohama S306's that are on her just now and keep the good rear set as spares, they are just terrible in the wet, spins in 4th :(

Narrowed it down to a few

1.) GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 2

2.) CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 5

3.) MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 3

4.) VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA

I've heard the Eagle F1's are pretty much the best money can buy, Heard the Conti's are good but wear a bit quick, Same with the Mitchelins but they are cheaper

I've also been told that the Vredesteins are near enough as good as the Eagles but wear just a tiny bit quicker, And they are on offer at £98 a corner just now so maybe worth a shot :) Always had good experiences with Vreds in the past

I know theres a few on here that can tell me whats what with them :)

Fucks sake! wrong section, had the site open on 2 windows and smarty pants picked the wrong one :(

Edited by scottg17

I'd avoid the Sessanta unless you change to winter tyres later in the year. That's not a tread pattern you want in the snow.

I had Conti Sport Contact 3 tyres on the back of my old coupe and was very happy with them for both wear and performance. Probably going with them again on the S2.

In the real world I doubt there will be huge differences between options 1-3.

I'd avoid the Sessanta unless you change to winter tyres later in the year. That's not a tread pattern you want in the snow.

I had Conti Sport Contact 3 tyres on the back of my old coupe and was very happy with them for both wear and performance. Probably going with them again on the S2.

Scrath that, just bought a pair of Premium Contact 5's :)

What's wrong with part worns?

Nothing but I'm keeping the car so I'm just as well with new

Scrath that, just bought a pair of Premium Contact 5's :)

Heard raving reviews about the conti 3 and conti 5s so probably looking at them, heard the wear is very good on them too.

Just got myself some partworns for my car. 2 Bridgestone RE050As for £60 including delivery and they have nearly 5mm tread on em, compared to the new cost of £177 EACH thats the bargain of the century, who cares if they last me several thousand miles less than brand new ones, i got em for a tiny fraction of the price. Im looking for another pair of them now