Coin Ops - Old Xbox?

sortedford

OK, what do you know about MAME on the old one then PeeWee? :D

I have MAME running on a PC currently, but it struggles to play anything decent like Streetfighter, and I'd just seen Coin-ops for the Xbox.

The Xbox is already modded with a decent size HDD :)

OK, what do you know about MAME on the old one then PeeWee? :D

I have MAME running on a PC currently, but it struggles to play anything decent like Streetfighter, and I'd just seen Coin-ops for the Xbox.

The Xbox is already modded with a decent size HDD :)

Ill be honest I haven't used my old Xbox1 other than a media player for years but I know I dabbled with putting mame on there years ago.

You need to know how to FTP into your xbox to get the software onto the hard drive & also know where to place the coin op ROMS.

I've Ftp'd years ago, but slow down I need to find the software first, I'm hoping Smithy will be along soon as I'm sure he'll have done it all before :D

Sid, with your nes PC you've got no room to call anyone a geek!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22000153.jpg

It's pretty much what Pee-to-the-Wee said...

If your Xbox is already hard or soft modded with a FTP capable dash like XBMC and connected to your network then you need you Xbox IP address from the Settings menu.

Download FileZilla and install.

Connect using the following:

Server: Xbox IP address (eg: 192.168.1.50)

Username: xbox

Password: xbox

(both lowercase)

Download an Xbox compatible emulator and FTP it over to the Xbox (put it in a folder easy to find... better still if you have space put it in a folder with Apps in already)

(http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/.../xbox/xemus.htm <-- might help with the Emu hunt)

Then search the wonderful world of Google for ROMs, download them and FTP them over to the ROMS folder of the emulator.

In XBMC, goto Programs then run your emulator... follow the instructions on screen to load your ROM

Enjoy ;)