project GO SLOW!!!!! rs2000 turbo track car

hardasrs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't have much nice to say so made my comment smaller

wheels too big and too much power for FWD. Cage looks nice but you might as well have gone for the 16 point jobby for how far you've gone with this car

seen plenty of fwd fords with much much more power than i'm aiming for, this isn't a full on race car just a bit of fun, so the cage meets my needs plus a lot less weight than a full on cage. you try and fit the ap brakes under smaller wheels:)

Nice build. Crank will be fine. Injectors aren't a direct fit into a Ford manifold though, if you value using o-rings properly. I'd get your fabricator to modify the manifold to take end-fed injectors.

RS2000 is a much better engine than the zetec.

thanks, injectors are a direct fit, when fitting you need to replace the bottom O ring with that from the Ford Injector. common upgrade on a higher powered 2.3 conversions.

Great detailed thread and build there!

W reg RS2000 though? Didnt think they made them that late...or is it because its a motorsport shell?

your right mate stopped making them in 96, only know of 4 boreham rs2000 cars so far. one lhd never registered for road use(on ebay at the mo) one 98 lhd rs2000 shell but running a 2.0 zetec, 1 rhd r reg and my w reg rhd one. there all just a standard 3 door non sunroof shells with a Boreham rs2000 vin plate that never got prepared for racing , they were all sold as bare shells before Boreham shut down and have been built up by jo blogs and put on the road

and thanks lads for all your comments,

this will be a build to watch! but one question you got brand new pro race 1.2's but you stick on NANKANG budget tyres and the car's main purpose is a track car......with an expected 400bhp turbo'd engine.........see where i'm going??? no doubt you probably have some toyo r888 or yoko semi slicks going on probably??

this will be a build to watch! but one question you got brand new pro race 1.2's but you stick on NANKANG budget tyres and the car's main purpose is a track car......with an expected 400bhp turbo'd engine.........see where i'm going??? no doubt you probably have some toyo r888 or yoko semi slicks going on probably??

Ha ha you noticed them budget tyres, when the cars finished it will be on the road for a wile to get the engine run in thats all there for.

Edited by hardasrs

good stuff, just don't go anywhere fast in them or try to show off.............wheels spinning isn't a good thing at times lol

Wheel spin is never a good thing! Unless you're at McDonalds, in that case it's law.

Im pretty sure you dont do that. If you do, you need to be shot

And.......So we have a rare beast in our company, very very nice. Will have to get it on the Evo stands in the future

thanks, injectors are a direct fit, when fitting you need to replace the bottom O ring with that from the Ford Injector. common upgrade on a higher powered 2.3 conversions.

Like I said, if you want to use o-rings properly they're not a direct fit. The Ford and Nissan injectors have different diameter shafts where the o-rings are seated. Putting the Ford o-ring on is not the correct usage. I spent considerable time trying to find a suitable o-ring for this type of conversion but couldn't. In the end I just went with the proper Bosch/Cosworth side-fed injectors which use the Ford o-rings properly.

Each to their own, though. Good luck with the project.

good stuff, just don't go anywhere fast in them or try to show off.............wheels spinning isn't a good thing at times lol

Wheel spin is never a good thing! Unless you're at McDonalds, in that case it's law.

Im pretty sure you dont do that. If you do, you need to be shot

But that's what all the cool kids do! I see lots of kids heading down to McDonalds in the evenings doing it all and they're cool. (Yes, this is sarcasm)

Like I said, if you want to use o-rings properly they're not a direct fit. The Ford and Nissan injectors have different diameter shafts where the o-rings are seated. Putting the Ford o-ring on is not the correct usage. I spent considerable time trying to find a suitable o-ring for this type of conversion but couldn't. In the end I just went with the proper Bosch/Cosworth side-fed injectors which use the Ford o-rings properly.

Each to their own, though. Good luck with the project.

the rs2000 has a completely different fuel rail to zetec one, nissan injectors are a perfect fit.