Replacing Door Glass

warrior

Ok, im back, sorry its been a while, been doing other things around house and looking for work again. anyways, has anyone else had a definate answer on this, someone is saying drilling it off, someone is saying sliding it off when somin else is undone even tho i cant seem to find anything to undo...so annoying but has to be done to save me a few quid..

Id def say that the bronze arm with the blue wheels needs to slide out the end of the runners! looks similar set up to my old fiat, the pivot arms I had to slightly loosen (not remove for gods sake) to give me the angle and room to pivot, twist, get a screwdriver in there and ping them out (loaads of grease) it does come out - the more you swear at it the easier it came out!! One of the windows ended up coming out on it's end, had been twisted 90degrees. I'm sure there is a nack, best thing to do would be to find whats holding it in and then try and loosen that off??

sorry thats not definitive, one one I had to slightly bend the channel to ping out the runner wheel. dunno if that helps??

According to Haynes:

front:

-remove inner trim panel - done

-remove inner and outer weather strips from the bottom of the window aperture in the door.

wind the window up to close it, then have an assistant hold the window firmly in this position whilst you unscrew the window-to-regulator retaining screws (can be found lined up with holes above door lever cable)through the apertures (holes) in the inner door.

-lower the window regulator, then tilting the window as required, withdraw it outwards from the door.

rear:

-remove trim and insulation sheet

-remove window aperture exterior trim

-wind window down and remove the inner and outer weather strips from the bottom of the window aperture

-move the window winder mechanism so that the pivot between the slider at the bottom of the window and the mechanism is accessible through the opening in the bottom of the door panel. detach the window winder mechanism from the slider at the bottom of the window.

-remove the 3 upper retaining screws from the window slider

-remove the lower retaining screw from the window slider

-tip the glass to disengage it and remove the glass form out side the door.

Always aim the glass to the outside of the door

It's that easy - apparently!! haha it looks like the back is more fiddly than the front, no pics of the retaining screws - 3 upper 1 lower!

refitting is reverse of removal but note the following:

when the glass is lowered into position, loosley fit the retainin bolts then close the window to ensure the window is fitted properly before fully tightening bolts

where applicable, ensure the wiring looms in the door are clear of the window and its regulating mechanism

once fitted make sure it works fully and freely before refitting the insulatin sheet and trim panel

I am so going to get done by Haynes!! Hope this helps tho!

Edited by Rockerrob666

According to Haynes:

front:

-remove inner trim panel - done

-remove inner and outer weather strips from the bottom of the window aperture in the door.

wind the window up to close it, then have an assistant hold the window firmly in this position whilst you unscrew the window-to-regulator retaining screws (can be found lined up with holes above door lever cable)through the apertures (holes) in the inner door.

-lower the window regulator, then tilting the window as required, withdraw it outwards from the door.

rear:

-remove trim and insulation sheet

-remove window aperture exterior trim

-wind window down and remove the inner and outer weather strips from the bottom of the window aperture

-move the window winder mechanism so that the pivot between the slider at the bottom of the window and the mechanism is accessible through the opening in the bottom of the door panel. detach the window winder mechanism from the slider at the bottom of the window.

-remove the 3 upper retaining screws from the window slider

-remove the lower retaining screw from the window slider

-tip the glass to disengage it and remove the glass form out side the door.

Always aim the glass to the outside of the door

It's that easy - apparently!! haha it looks like the back is more fiddly than the front, no pics of the retaining screws - 3 upper 1 lower!

refitting is reverse of removal but note the following:

when the glass is lowered into position, loosley fit the retainin bolts then close the window to ensure the window is fitted properly before fully tightening bolts

where applicable, ensure the wiring looms in the door are clear of the window and its regulating mechanism

once fitted make sure it works fully and freely before refitting the insulatin sheet and trim panel

I am so going to get done by Haynes!! Hope this helps tho!

I got the Haynes manuals, it's just a right b*stard to even see nuts and bolts that are holding it in, let alone get to em if there are any in there somewhere..i might just say Fcuk it and get new tint for my new orion lol..depends if i find work or not soon haha