Tablet PC

Hezz

I imagine JellyBean runs nice on the Ainol then, it was rather good on ICS

suprisingly smooth and fast, Id thought ICS would have been hard to beat for reliability on my Novo but Jellybeans got its pretty much beat..... least nothings gone "pop" just yet. :pancake:

Not used it yet but its reported to be very smooth. Using a newer technique than ics so more than just an upgrade Project butter.

aye One of the developers on a android forum I use is busily messing about with that but he thinks it wouldn't be of much benefit to the Novo ELF as the increase in speed it offers wouldn't be so noticeable over the CM10 version of JB so Ill not chance it and stick with what I have for now.

though we've strayed slightly off subject its a good pointer for the OP..... as you can see with me a Petes convo here, just because the tablet/phone you choose comes with a specific OS it doesn't ever mean you have to stick with it till death do you part, a quick easy to accomplish root and a custom rom installed your chosen device can be a fresh as a daisy with the latest OS.

believe me....... If I can do it with me programming techphobic brain cells a untrained chimp can.

keep it coming :thumb:

I still say Nexus 7 , no brainer at the moment for a budget all singing tablet.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/detai...id=nexus_7_16gb

Also important to know if your wanting to use online options away from your wireless as this doesn't have 3g.

Project butter is part of JellyBean, if you have JellyBean installed via your mod you should have project butter too (as said it is part of JellyBean OS)?

wouldnt know tbh Pete, I install the rom, everything works, Im happy, thats kinda were my concerns end :pancake:

1508977[/url]']
1508971[/url]' date='Dec 2 2012, 02:42 PM']
1508967[/url]' date='Dec 2 2012, 02:26 PM']keep it coming :thumb:

Also important to know if your wanting to use online options away from your wireless as this doesn't have 3g.

If its running JB it should support a 3g dongle though shouldnt it?

my Ainol does via OTG so the Nexus being higher spec must do.

I meant natively like various other tablets not everyone wants a dongle and adapter hanging out their pad.

keep it coming :thumb:

my Ainol does via OTG so the Nexus being higher spec surely must do.

1508985[/url]']

I meant natively like various other tablets not everyone wants a dongle and adapter hanging out their pad.

1508985[/url]']

well yer it does kinda defeat the object of having a self contained portable pc like device when ya got electronic dredds hanging off it everywhere.

dunno wether the Nexus has had this issue sorted but Ive made my Ainol Adhoc enabled so you can wirelessly tether it to your mobile and use its netlink....saves a wire.

• 1 month later...
i got a nexus 10 instead; decided the 7" screen wouldnt be big enough for EVO! :D just waiting for it to turn up now its been out of stock for too long! :)

theyve been snatched up over xmas.

My little brothers waiting on his too.