wheel key?

merlin

As far as I'm aware, all Ford wheel locking nuts and lock nuts in general, have a different key combination.

It would kind of defeat the object if all lock nuts shared the same key.

Most Fast Fit centres, especially Kwik Fit often  have a selection of lock nut keys, which they've normally acquired by forgetting to return to customers. 

If one of these keys actually fits and removes your lock nut, ask if there is a combination No to that key.

However, I believe it'll be unlikely that any key No provided will match your current lock Nuts, especially if original equipment and 16yrs old.

I believe the likes of Kwik Fit charge in region of £10 to removing a locked wheel nut, 

I assume that's per wheel.

Alternatively, if the locking wheel nuts are not deeply recessed into the wheels, Halfords sell a locking wheel Nut remover kit.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_255216

A full set of new locking wheel nuts with removal key can be bought for £15-30.

If your puncture is not too serious and requires some kind of fix to give mobility, you could always  re inflate with Tyre Weld until you can remove the locked wheel nut

As far as I'm aware, all Ford wheel locking nuts and lock nuts in general, have a different key combination.

It would kind of defeat the object if all lock nuts shared the same key.

There are several combinations but they are not all different.

drive to your local ford parts dept, they should keep a selection of locking keys in stock. They need to trail the keys with the nut on your car to match it there are no part numbers on the keys themselves other than a sticker on the new ones which i doubt you would know of to order them over the phone so im a little surprised you were asked that.

my key broke recently and had to get a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
sorry for delay in getting back ,and thanx for the advice

got no where with ford main dealer so local garage smashed

it off for £30 ,

£30!!!! Fcuk!!!!! I work for a tyre fitting company and we just get 19mm sockets and smash them on with a hammer and crack them off!!! that takes all of ten minutes!