overspray Q

lee grout

i would imagine you've got blobby paint!! my advice would be sand it back with 1200 met and dry (only dry tho) and redo, trying to get a smoother finish. however, this may be a byproduct of the matt paint your using, which means you'll only get rid by using a different paint???? try again, if not try a different paint.

I've just returned my wheels matt black. Once dried they look like their covered in dust. What's the best way to rid this? If polished could wet n dry and polish back but its a matt finish so imnot sure???????

With them being Matt you can't flat and polish them. That's the problem with Matt finishes you only get one chance.

Unfortunately only cure for this is to flat then down and re-do them. We do alot of Matt finish cars at work and there a pain in the backside.

What did you use to paint them was it black basecoat, then apply a Matt laquer.

I've just returned my wheels matt black. Once dried they look like their covered in dust. What's the best way to rid this? If polished could wet n dry and polish back but its a matt finish so imnot sure???????

With them being Matt you can't flat and polish them. That's the problem with Matt finishes you only get one chance.

Unfortunately only cure for this is to flat then down and re-do them. We do alot of Matt finish cars at work and there a pain in the backside.

What did you use to paint them was it black basecoat, then apply a Matt laquer.

Yep, matt black followed by matt laquer. Its tiny, and i mean tiny bit orange peely which i expected. Its just the fact that the next day when they were dry it looks like its smothered in dust. I assume its the overspray, its feels slightly rough to the touch and i just wondered if anything would remove this excess dust like coating (other than my fingers lol)

Thanks for replys guys but i solved it. A good going over with a tac cloth then a quick re-laquer and jobs a good un. NOTE: good tip for anyone overspraying in future :thumb:

Edited by lee grout